What do you think of Heroin Addicts?

Legalisation doesn't mean selling it in the corner shop or Tesco's.

How many times do we have to discuss and explain this issue, there must be a dozen threads where it's gone over in detail

depends when threads surface tho cyclone :)

it's easy to miss such threads, especially if people don't visit certain sections very often.....

and the key to education, repetition is (yoda-stylee)

you're doin a grand job...keep it up :D

It's nothing to do with stigma, that isn't the issue at all. However I think that your view is based entirely on the fact that it's illegal and nothing else. .

Now thats the problem you tjink it's based on that and therefore base all responses likewise.

My main issue is that legal drugs can't be controlled and society is awash with the effects of it. My own opinion is that legalising heroin will not make a)the number of users less b)the health risks go away c)the use of dealers/cheaper suppliers d)antisocial behaviour created from a legal drug.

So i can see little benefit to my society of legalising hard drugs - apart from a short term reduction in dealers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2001/jun/14/drugsandalcohol.socialsciences

An interesting article on Legalising Heroin.

I read somewhere that heroin uses are basically chasing that ultimate buzz they got when they first tried it.

It seems to me more a mental addiction than a physical one,although there are of course physiclal whithdrawl symptons.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2001/jun/14/drugsandalcohol.socialsciences

An interesting article on Legalising Heroin.

I read somewhere that heroin uses are basically chasing that ultimate buzz they got when they first tried it.

It seems to me more a mental addiction than a physical one,although there are of course physiclal whithdrawl symptons.

Very interesting article thanks. Written far better than I could ever have put it and a pretty convincing argument against prohibition. All those arguing for prohibition should read it and then let us hear their comments. This is not arguing for drugs use btw it's an argument against it's illegality which is the main reason people seem to be against drugs use.

• 5 weeks later...

There are certain people that fall into a certain catagory in my mind, one is Heroin users, and the other in this catagory is workshy scroungers with nothing but excuses why they cant get jobs!! They should all be shot to put some relief on our struggling economy!!

Archived