The Flaming Dragon, Centertainment

choc- aholic

Thank you everyone who suggested flamming dragon for somewhere to eat for my sons birthday. We went last night and it was brill, the food was spot on and my teenagers tried everything from sushi to little jelly pots. Loads and loads of dishes all hot, and even plenty of deserts!!! cost us £50 including drinks for 4? And kyle has been nicknamed billy 5 plates!!! Well worth a visit and will defo go again!! (small complaint tho "TOO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM") :hihi:

We went yesterday lunchtime. Out of the choices of Wokmania, Jumbos and No1, this is the best. With it being a lunchtime, it was cheaper than your visit - under £20 for 2 kids and 2 adults.

Only criticism, they could do with a second entrance door as every time someone came in, a blast of cold air came down the eating area.

Other than that, very good. Very clean. Most food was hot. The staff were very pleasant. We're looking at it as an eating place for a children's party later in the year - it passed our criteria.

G

• 5 weeks later...
Has anyone been to this recently? What is it like at Saturday lunchtime? We are thinking of trying it tomorrow.

Didn't go on a Sat, but a Sunday evening and I can definitely recommend it. It's so much cheaper than the places in town, and i'd compare it most to Jumbos re quality of food (that's a good thing) but less cramped with a lot more decor and speed of replenishing food.

I'd definitely advise trying the random things that get brought over to your table, always something new, and the sushi is to DIE FOR! :D

My only qualm is if you're not very observative after acquiring a full belly, is to watch what they card machine's display staes if paying by card at the end of the meal, the waitress we had just handed it me, and of course I started to enter my pin- luckily I realised just in time before a £20 meal turned into something scarily more expensive!!!

Went there for lunch on saturday, me, fella, 4 year old and parents, cost about 30 quid for the lot of us and drinks, (plus a couple of pints). Food was great, the place looked fantastic and was very VERY impressed by the Tepanyaki, that's what made it stand out for me, they cook a heap of prawns for you on it and you can watch the man do it. Much preferred it over the ones in town, and for the price can't go wrong.

Hi Tess

What time do they start with the tepanyaki? We have been for the last 3 Saturday lunchtimes, and really like it, but haven't seen this on offer. We get there as soon as it opens at 12 o clock.

We went about 12:45 and they were doing it then - maybe it's not every weekend? The prawns are delicious!

• 7 months later...

Hey,

Has anyone else been to Flaming Dragon at Centertainment? I went the other night and LOVED it, great food- amazing price plus they do student discount too. I think it was much much better than the other Chinese buffet restaurants we have in town- i've been to most of them and wasn't impressed. There is loads to choose from at Flaming Dragon and the food was all nice and hot (which makes a change, coz a few others I have been to have all had probs with this!) Would recommend it to anyone.:love:

Hey,

Has anyone else been to Flaming Dragon at Centertainment? I went the other night and LOVED it, great food- amazing price plus they do student discount too. I think it was much much better than the other Chinese buffet restaurants we have in town- i've been to most of them and wasn't impressed. There is loads to choose from at Flaming Dragon and the food was all nice and hot (which makes a change, coz a few others I have been to have all had probs with this!) Would recommend it to anyone.:love:

But was it better than Jumbo?

I think not.

At least Jumbo caters for people of other backgrounds.

Flaming Background does NOT

Example: Jumbo at least makes an effort to serve Halal Chicken.

You have to remember that sheffield has a LARGE muslim population. What harm would it do to serve halal chicken at least?

If the chicken is halal, then everyone would be able to eat it.

At valley centretainment even the NANDO's and SUBWAY are Halal. They should take a leaf out of their book.

:rant:

Archived