Grindleford - anything interesting there I should see?

lee steer

Padley chapel- just across the tracks from Grindleford station. It is very historic, once being the home of the Eyre family but also the place of hiding for several Catholic priests during the reformation (I think Nicholas Garlick and Robert Ludlum were arrested there) who were later executed for their faith.

Here's a very nice half-day walk. From Grindleford station café, cross the railway and then go down by the mill and along the road. Turn left and re-cross the railway, then follow the path down to the wood beside the river. Follow the river to the Hathersage-Grindleford road and then into Hathersage for a pub lunch at the George or the Scotsman's Pack. Then walk back or get the train.

Nice so it is a mill what i saw on my last visit. lol ;)

theres some massive rocks what is shaped like a face. and another rock whats shaped like the lock ness monster haha.

and also on one of the rocks at the verry high cliff edge is a sun carved into the rock, i wounder how old that is. and if it means anything.

Archived