Pub quizzes in S6 area

Rich

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Horse and Jockey on a Tuesday (music) and Thursday (general knowledge) night. Fairly easy-ish to win, as well.

It's not the winning we're bothered about, it's the fact that at our age (well more Dad's and me Uncle's age) it's a bit humbling not knowing the answers to some of the questions set recently by the Quiz Master up at Top House.

the wisewood inn in loxley do a decent quiz on a tuesday night which isnt to bad and its a really friendly atmosphere. ive also just started working at the yew tree and they have theirs on a wednesday night. ive not been to it but ive been told its good im working this wednesday so ill let you know.

The Robin Hood! its a brilliant quiz and the pub has been done up its lovely - really comfy and it gets quite busy - theres people having meals playing darts - men in work clothes straight from work its lovely. My mates live near the Hollybush and are alwys in there you might know them?

• 3 weeks later...

The Shakey on Hillsborough Corner do a good quiz on Tuesday nites - quiz starts about 9.30 (and its free!), they chuck questions in where the first person to write the answer down and get to the quizmaster wins a free pint! Theres sarnies on after the quiz (also free!)!

Dad and I went to the quiz in the Robin Hood on Wednesday night, was good.. Didn't do too bad either for first time out, 15 out of 30, there were 2 in a tie break on 18 to win it.

The questions were split into categories, History, Geography, General Knowledge, Food and Drink and finally Pop music... My best subjects were general knowledge and pop.

We even had a go on the raffle, didn't win though :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The Travellers at Wadsley Bridge do a great quiz every Wednesday (about 2130hrs) and Sunday (about 1700hrs).

Wednesday is general knowledge offering drinks prizes plus an "Open the Box" competition, which offers the chance to win up to £250.

Sunday is also general knowledge and there's a bonus 'cash' question that starts at fifty quid (but has gone as high as £370) and its' followed by disco/karaoke.

It's not the winning we're bothered about, it's the fact that at our age (well more Dad's and me Uncle's age) it's a bit humbling not knowing the answers to some of the questions set recently by the Quiz Master up at Top House.

Get down the Holly Bush then. The question are psis easy and they do it on a bingo card basis so even if you only get 5 right you could still win.

I go down about once a month.(oo er)

Archived