*n-a-d-s-n-y-m*

I'm a student, but I don't really agree with either of the extreme points made here. This thread has saddened me somewhat though, because I like to think I'm doing a good thing by going to university and trying to learn more to get a better job, but so many people are quick to knock people like me.

I do think university is too expensive, it's a good chunk of debt to rack up so early in one's adult life, but nor do I agree that there should be no charge at all. However, what's with all the bitterness? And all this silly talk about traffic cones and pizza, like it's something every single student does? I've never touched a traffic cone, and I rarely eat pizza, I have cooked meals.

I'm a student, but I don't really agree with either of the extreme points made here. This thread has saddened me somewhat though, because I like to think I'm doing a good thing by going to university and trying to learn more to get a better job, but so many people are quick to knock people like me.

I do think university is too expensive, it's a good chunk of debt to rack up so early in one's adult life, but nor do I agree that there should be no charge at all. However, what's with all the bitterness? And all this silly talk about traffic cones and pizza, like it's something every single student does? I've never touched a traffic cone, and I rarely eat pizza, I have cooked meals.

They are just hitting back at the OP in whatever way they can get at him for being a silly sod and trying to extort money / wind people up. Attitudes towards people doing the same thing tend to differ in line with whether they are abusing the position or not....

Archived