Blue John Stone

I think there are a couple of Jewellers in bakewell which sell it , theres one just up a side street between the rounderbout and the traffic lights on theright(heading to matlock)which I beleive I've seen it in it has some lovely semi-precious-stone jewelry and is a very reasonably priced ,then there's another more expensive one pretty much on the rounderbout. and perhaps the stone shop in Tideswell has it ( but odd opening times).

I bought some blue john cufflinks from a jewelers (actually I think they are a pawn brokers) in Chesterfield, in the indoor "shopping centre". You're only likely to find second hand stuff outside Castleton.

Originally posted by BBBB

I don't know Sheffield very well, do you mind telling me where is bakewell and Calver bridge? How can I get there from west street or city center?

They are not parts of Sheffield they are other towns, in Derbyshire.

I know that Louise Forysth Contemporary Jewellery create jewellery for people on request as well as her own range.

I spoke to her recently and she was talking about Blue John at the time, could be worth contacting her and asking she may be able to make you something quite unique and interesting with it.

I've seen her work and it's spot on!:thumbsup: