Blue John Stone

Thanks for the PM Lalaland.

Louise Forsyth is my girlfriend (as in the Jewellery link Lalaland posted above and then kindly PM'd me). I made a post recently about her services and she's doing very well with all this.

I did see her looking at the blue john last time we were in Castleton and I'm sure she'd be happy to create something with Bluejohn if you are interested.

You can either contact her via the website or PM me and I can help out.:)

The 272 is the most regular bus service to Castleton, it goes every hour in the daytime, from the bus station then up Ecclesall Rd, but it doesn't stop at every stop, so make sure it's listed at the stop, or it will go straight past you, however much you try and flag it down( very irritating!).There does seem to be quite a few pieces of Blue John Jewellry on Ebay, I'm not sure if that comes direct from a castleton gift shop.

• 2 years later...

Just wondering if the mine is still open, from memory it was at Winnets Pass. as a child I was taken down the cavern and from memory we went on a sort of rowing boat along the underground waterways and there was talk of the bottemless well where we dropped stones to se if we could here it hit the bottom never heard it.

There's three or four caverns in and around Castleton which are still open - or were last summer anyway. Blue John, Treak Cliff, Speedwell, and I can't remember if there's another one or not.

Thanks Heyesay Speedwell is the one I remember, where can I find info on the caverns as I would lve to revisit them when I come back to visit Yorkshire early next year.

Once again thanks because I will be going to Grindlefort to revit Little Johns Grave, Hathersage for a pint or to Baslow, Bamford to the Maquis of Grandby, Buxton, Baslow and Castleton