Stand up or Sit down?

sheffsal

Of course it's fine to dance if you want but if it's at other expense when they've paid then it's rather unfair. Like I said I buy seated for a reason, i'm sure there are others like me who have physical problems, why should that stop us going and enjoying these things?

We went to see Foo Fighters who were fantastic and we sat all the way through that as did a lot more people. We also went to see Kings Of Leon where everyone proceeded to leap up. I had to stand for the whole thing and I was in a right state by the time it finished even on the strongest pain relief. It did spoil it for me quite a lot.

We came across the same situation when we went to see lionel (what a legend) and was stood dancing to dancing on the ceiling funny enough and was spoke to in a way i can only describe as like a teacher to a pupil about sitting down as they cant see and us clapping and wooo wooing was ruining there experience!!!! WHAT you serious!!! There are some very very miserable peeps that seem to go and see some concerts!! My response will always be NO i wont sit down and dont think anyone has the right to ask anyone else to when its supposed to be an enjoyable event!!

Can i just ask soundwave if you are in a lot of pain why do you not ask to be seated in the disabled area where i dont think anyone would be in your way and also wouldnt get knocked and bumped if things got a bit excitable (which happened when i went to see the phonics and pink)?

Perhaps the arena needs to acknowledge that there are some people who do genuinely want to sit down and that one section somewhere in the middle round the edge is Complete seated only and you go with the knowledge that if you stand up in that small part you will be asked to sit back down again.

How anyone can sit down for a whole gig is beyond me - I went to see Weller the other week on my own and I sat for the first time in ages (i always choose standing area.) It was a weird feeling! I felt slightly disconnected with the gig although it did make a change to see the drummer and that bands have feet! :hihi:

I did obviously have a seat for the Steel city thingy the other day as it was all seated and i hated sitting down for Heaven 17 so i was sooooooooo pleased when Billie Godfrey shouted "My God Sheffield, come on, get yourselves up and dance!!!"

Got standing for phonics on Fri :thumbsup:

I can acknowledge that some people are annoying, I stood next to the most annoying people ever when i went to see Kasabian there, smoking and generally hitting people fairlyfar back and the most annoying man ever who got his tackle out to wee on people at Stereophonics last year and i had to say "what do you think you are doing?" loudly to get him to put it away! But someone just standing up and dancing? Noooooo!!! Get up and boogie! :thumbsup:

Perhaps the arena needs to acknowledge that there are some people who do genuinely want to sit down and that one section somewhere in the middle round the edge is Complete seated only and you go with the knowledge that if you stand up in that small part you will be asked to sit back down again.

How anyone can sit down for a whole gig is beyond me - I went to see Weller the other week on my own and I sat for the first time in ages (i always choose standing area.) It was a weird feeling! I felt slightly disconnected with the gig although it did make a change to see the drummer and that bands have feet! :hihi:

I did obviously have a seat for the Steel city thingy the other day as it was all seated and i hated sitting down for Heaven 17 so i was sooooooooo pleased when Billie Godfrey shouted "My God Sheffield, come on, get yourselves up and dance!!!"

Got standing for phonics on Fri :thumbsup:

I can acknowledge that some people are annoying, I stood next to the most annoying people ever when i went to see Kasabian there, smoking and generally hitting people fairlyfar back and the most annoying man ever who got his tackle out to wee on people at Stereophonics last year and i had to say "what do you think you are doing?" loudly to get him to put it away! But someone just standing up and dancing? Noooooo!!! Get up and boogie! :thumbsup:

I agree with you. There should be a seated area. I would never request that someone sat down, I just got up and enjoyed it the best I could for Kings Of Leon. I am the total opposite you on the sitting standing thing though. It just wont do us all being the same lol

Jellybaby: I didn't realise there was such a part for people like me, I've seen the bit for wheelchairs only. I think i'll look into that.

Like I say i'm still relatively young (33) :shocked: but I unfortunately have the body of an old woman. It hurt my back watching them all in the mosh pit!

Thanks for the positive comments :love:

Hmmm, at WWE shows folk tend to sit down accept for the kids running up to the front between matches and when the big names come out.

How can you dance in your allocated 2x2 foot space? if your tilted you might fall over the person infront of you!

I love standing up & dancing at concerts. Unfortunately the standing room tickets are often all gone so you have to get a ticket in the seated bit.

But I'd point out that the chairs fold away - so you can stand up!!! If you have an issue with people dancing & you want to sit down then try & get a seat at the front of a block on the tiered sections - that way no one would be in front of you to block your view.

Archived