Stand up or Sit down?

sheffsal

No - it's all seated - there's no option to choose to be in a standing only bit.

The seats are there because it is mostly tiered, i.e. to keep people in their rows and stop it becoming an old fashion football terrace (and because they'd be too expensive to take out for gigs). Every gig I've been to at the arena 99.8% of people have been standing throughout - it's the accepted arrangement.

The Arena isn't all seated. They provide a standing area for many gigs. If you aren't quick enough off the mark to get a ticket in the standing area, then that is tough. There are many reasons why people would choose to sit at a gig, and I don't see why you should compromise that choice. You might think it acceptable, I don't.

Having said that, the best venues in town are standing. I rather stand in the Academy or the Leadmill than sit listening to some of the turgid, overblown nonsense purveyed by stadium bands. There is a world of difference standing in ,say, the Leadmill, the main one being that if I can't see at the Leadmill, I can move until I get a good view. If I buy a seat at the Arena or the City Hall, I choose my place carefully to get the view I want.... and I don't want a seven foot man mountain in a top hat standing up in front of me and blocking that view.

You were completely in the right. This ain't no matinee - it's ROCK N ROLL!!! (well, classic synthpop, but anyway...)

Yeah, that goon needs to lighten up and start bustin' some moves! I could teach him a scissor kick or two

:clap:

Yeah. Does he really think that just because he's paid the same for his ticket, he's entitled to enjoy the performance? It's as if he was thinking he had some kind of right to see what's happening on the stage for Pete's sake! What an idiot! I've never expected to get what I pay for, so why should he? What an idiot!

so did i :hihi:

as for the bloke's attitude..pathetic!!

i rek anyone should have the right to dance where ever you are:banana::headbang::banana:

Yeah - stuff him! What right does he have to enjoy the performance that he's paid for? You should always think of just yourself and not others.

On Saturday evening 6 friends and myself excitedly trooped off to the Arena for the Steel City tour - Heaven 17, ABC and The Fab Human League.

I was REALLY chuffed that most people stood up :D I was really pleased for the League as this was a huge gig and they still get nervous playing in their hometown !!

BRILLIANT show !! And that stage - wow.......

Stand up, always i say !

the areana has the capacity to have seating and standing, however it usually the promoters who dictate whether the gig is either seated or seated/standing. likewise with the city hall, the front seats of the stalls can be removed but mostly the promoters want seated - health and safety might also have somthing to do with it too seeing as alcohol is sold.

Yeah. Does he really think that just because he's paid the same for his ticket, he's entitled to enjoy the performance? It's as if he was thinking he had some kind of right to see what's happening on the stage for Pete's sake! What an idiot! I've never expected to get what I pay for, so why should he? What an idiot!

Completely agree dude. Yeah! That's the spirit! C'mon c'mon let's ROCK!!

The Arena isn't all seated. They provide a standing area for many gigs. If you aren't quick enough off the mark to get a ticket in the standing area, then that is tough. There are many reasons why people would choose to sit at a gig, and I don't see why you should compromise that choice. You might think it acceptable, I don't.

Having said that, the best venues in town are standing. I rather stand in the Academy or the Leadmill than sit listening to some of the turgid, overblown nonsense purveyed by stadium bands. There is a world of difference standing in ,say, the Leadmill, the main one being that if I can't see at the Leadmill, I can move until I get a good view. If I buy a seat at the Arena or the City Hall, I choose my place carefully to get the view I want.... and I don't want a seven foot man mountain in a top hat standing up in front of me and blocking that view.

There wasn't for the Human League gig in question.

If I ended up with seating tickets and and there was a standing area then I would of course try and exchange my ticket with a tout or try and sneak/blag myself into standing. But all seats gigs where you have no choice and about 99.8% of people are standing is a different matter.

Archived