A nice restaurant to take a lady - near Meersbrook

malone63

We've been staying at her place and due to leave Saturday 20th, heading back to OZ.

Just as a thankyou from myself and my son 14yrs, shes 25.

Any nice suggestions?

cheers

:)

I don't know any decent places that are within walking distance. I doubt that there are any.

I would try the Coach & Horses at Dronfield, Ranulph's on Hutcliffe Wood Road, or Dam House. All do excellent home cooked food at reasonable prices.

Incidentally the landlady at the C&H is an antipodean herself. Well N.Z but they still speak rugby and cricket.

I don't know any decent places that are within walking distance. I doubt that there are any.

There's plenty,depending on how far you like to walk!

L'incontro is a really nice italien on Abbydale rd, near to the junction with London Rd, about 20mins walk from Meersbrook. And all the restaurants on London rd are only afew mins walk further.

Actually at Meersbrook there's The Everest and Mumtas for curry on Chesterfield rd, and the Bohemian which is a great little restaurant (Fish and vegetarian). there's also a new restaurant The Baytree next to Pondsfords but Ihaven't tried it so don't know what its like.

I agree with all of the above although it being Christmas party season you may be hard pressed to find somewhere

Personally I like Rushour at Meersbrook/Heeley excellent food and reasonably priced, that should be in walking distance.

However if you or your host is a vegetarian it would have to be The Bohemian.

Archived