Letting market at the moment

Moosey

According to the media the rental market is very strong at the moment.

Which makes sense given that people aren't buying and still need somewhere to live.

From the point of view of the OP, it's not a good time to sell the share of the property he's inherited or his current property, so letting one is a good solution. Financially even if it stands empty he can presumably cope since he's already paying the mortgage at the moment.

I don't think the university are actively trying to do so, it's just that the university accumulation is good value and generally better quality than the cheaper end of the private market.

Crookes and Walkley still have lots of student housing, but the worst examples have been sold.

Some of the accommodation I saw was bad, so it would be good that this is being got rid of.

The new blocks offer an awful lot to students at very reasonable prices. My first Halls were OK but nothing like what you can get now. I was only a short walk from Uni as well so was very handy. The student houses were not as close, a bit dingy, cheap and cheerful I suppose you could say!

I suppose that you can concentrate students in the areas instead of having them spread out across the city, whether that is a good or bad thing I don't know!!

Archived