Urgent help required for romantic gesture

NotBlonde

This evening (Thursday 18th) I want to send an Italian meal to someone who lives in south west Sheffield - near Abbeydale Road South to be precise. Unfortunately I live a few hundred miles away and I'm struggling. I've tried Google and whilst Indian, Chinese or a pizza would be no problem I would really really like to find proper/nice Italian food. Money is no object (what price romance eh?).

I know La Scala and Marco at Milano are both nearby, but neither do a takeaway service. Can anyone suggest somewhere that might? Even if they don't do delivery I could perhaps send a cab round to collect it and deliver it. Or does anybody know their local friendly Italian restaurant who could be persuaded to do it as a one off, if their palms were suitably greased?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion. Take away but not delivery isn't ideal, unless someone can recommend a cab firm that will take credit cards over the phone? Sorry I know I am asking a lot - just think how happy you're making the recipient of said meal though!

Over pay the restaurant and ask them to pay the cabby as a special favour?

Archived