Toby Carvery overrun with small children

RosyRat

They, and their useless parents should be kicked out.

If an adult was to behave in such a manner they'd be shown the door. My kids never, ever run around in pubs; I simply wouldn't let them.

There was a family in a pub up Lodge Moor last night whose behaviour was impeccable. You would hardly have known there were four or five kids - aged about ten, I'd guess - and they were a credit to their parents.

I was about to tell the parents but they left before I had chance.

There are well behaved kids out there and frankly, if kids were running riot whilst I was eating out I'd let the management know about it.

• 7 months later...

Ive always been against kids being allowed in pubs full stop .

it seems its the latest fashion to sell food in pubs ,therefor turning pubs into restaurants . pubs are licensed premises ,and should only be for adults .

this was always the way it was in the old days. you have to look far and wide now to find a pub that dos`nt sell food and isnt over run with kids to have a quiet pint in . this is wrong .

if parents want to take their kids out for a meal ,they should go to a proper restaurant ,not a pub .

What amazes me ,is that you cant buy alcohol under the age of 18 ,so therefor anyone under the age of 18 should not be allowed in a licenced premises.

Ive always been against kids being allowed in pubs full stop .

Why? I used to go with my Mum to the pub as a kid on occasion (I considered it a treat). At the time, we played on the swings etc, while our parents chilled. Seemed ok to me.

it seems its the latest fashion to sell food in pubs ,therefor turning pubs into restaurants . pubs are licensed premises ,and should only be for adults .

Can't there be a mix of the three? Pubs for adults, and pubs for both food and drink, and family pubs?

You seem a lot more diverse in your posts about smoking pubs. (which I agree with)

this was always the way it was in the old days. you have to look far and wide now to find a pub that dos`nt sell food and isnt over run with kids to have a quiet pint in . this is wrong .

Women didn't used to be readily accepted in pubs either.

if parents want to take their kids out for a meal ,they should go to a proper restaurant ,not a pub .

Restaurants can be expensive. But more importantly, not particularly social establishments, like pubs that sell food can be.

If you went to a restaurant with your missus for a quiet romantic meal, and kids were running about, how would you feel?.

What amazes me ,is that you cant buy alcohol under the age of 18 ,so therefor anyone under the age of 18 should not be allowed in a licenced premises.

There are kids in Tesco/ my local offy etc. I don't find it annoying that I want to buy 4 cans of Carling in their presence.

Where is the Toby Carvery...My toddler screams & screams etc.....Sounds like somewhere i won't be too embarrased to take him!

risky, just wait for the highhorses to read this post and make ridiculous assumptions that you are a bad parent because your toddler screams :huh:

Archived