Cost Of Electricity

Astonblade

Those pre-pay meters are a disgrace and a total rip-off. Insist that your power company swap them for post-pay meters if you can!

Gas and electricity should be cheaper for unit for those who buy less - not more expensive!

That's silly. Up to the total amount of energy required for comfortable living in a decent sized house, the rate should be flat.

Currently electricity is working out at about 8-9p per unit

8-9p? Please tell me who you are with! I am with npower, dual-fuel, paying by DD and I am paying 15.79/14.72p (first few units each day are at the higher price in order to penalise frugal people!)

We have just had our gas and electric bills through from npower and they appear to have done the same with us, put gas up from £39 per month to £78 per month!! A think a 50% increase is a little ott and they have put thats from an actual meter reading so we will be taking our own reading tomorrow to check that! Electric has been put up from £50 per month to £71 per month so all in all a £60 per month increase!!

A storage heater on constant will cost you over £100 per month. Your average electiic monthly bill for a studio flat without things on contstant will be between £20 and £40.

Currently electricity is working out at about 8-9p per unit

Take weekly readings its the only way.

For a 4 dial gas meter prices are currently running at approx £1.20 per unit im not sure for a 5 dial meter.

I'd like to know where you get electricity at 8-9P/unit.

My last bill from Npower dated Dec 10 is 15.790P/unit for the the first 178 units and then 14.720P/unit after that.

Does anyone know of a website that has a straightforward list of prices per unit for different suppliers?

I've searched Google without success.

The individual companies don't even give a general price.

They want to know everything about you and whether you'll change to them

etc etc and even then won't come up with a firm price.

Does anyone know of a website that has a straightforward list of prices per unit for different suppliers?

I've searched Google without success.

You're not allowed to know that, it would make it too easy to work out who is cheapest! The suspicion is that the companies have come to an unofficial arrangement that none of them will publish that info. If they did publish that information it would lead to a price war, and that is the last thing they want. Free market? Don't you believe it!

Archived