The Beehive - Reopened under new management

Dannibirdie

we did mention it to a very large guy who saidit was because the kitchen was too small to handle large numbers of orders and the portions were smaller because they had been busy.

Hi,

It sounds like it was me that you spoke to! If it was the Sunday that I am thinking of we had been very busy with lunches, busier than anticipated and the chef had to cook another joint of meat and, which led to some delays, there was also a wait for people to be seated in the dining area because of the number of tables we have available. Once seated I can't remember anyone waiting a particularly long time for meals. Certainly, I can't remember people waiting an hour for starters.

We only serve food for 5hrs on a Sunday but sold over 80 starters and main courses that day. As Danni has said, we apologize if you were not happy with the meal you had.

We have also, hopefully rectified the problem of waiting times to be seated by changing the internal lay out of the pub and tables, this means we have more tables available for people who are dining.

If you do decide to visit again, you should see an improvement. I'd recommend visiting during the week and trying food off the regular menu as well. If you like lamb the shoulder of lamb and veg is really nice. Asthe food is home made and cooked to order you'll have to expect a wait though but it is worth it.

Mike

every person eating in their was complaining that day,you are saying you did 80 starters that day is that why there was water in the bottom off the dish because the prawns had defrosted,and are you saying have the lamb because you agree the beef is no good,or come in the week because the food is better midweek because your not as busy.

If you were the large young barman /waiter working that day you know who we were because we did complain:confused:

every person eating in their was complaining that day,you are saying you did 80 starters that day is that why there was water in the bottom off the dish because the prawns had defrosted,and are you saying have the lamb because you agree the beef is no good,or come in the week because the food is better midweek because your not as busy.

If you were the large young barman /waiter working that day you know who we were because we did complain:confused:

Hi,

Unfortunatly, I don't remember who you are, sorry for this. I am recommending the lamb because it is a nice meal, and I do think the beef that is served is nice as well.

Just to confirm with your meal, we do ask people if they are happy with the meals, any people that are not happy can have their meal changed. I don't personally remember anyone saying that they were unhappy with their meals, just about waiting to be seated.

If you did say you were unhappy and said that to me then I apologise for not dealing with the complaint on the day. As I have said, I hope it hasn't put you off coming to the pub again, either for a drink or a meal.

Mike

• 3 months later...

When is the next comedy night planned for?

I went to the first night; 1 really pi$$ poor comedian from Leeds, 2 who were ok and an absolute star from the northeast. I missed the second night on June 6th, I was away on holiday.

When is the next comedy night planned for?

I went to the first night; 1 really pi$$ poor comedian from Leeds, 2 who were ok and an absolute star from the northeast. I missed the second night on June 6th, I was away on holiday.

Hi, i don't think the comedy nights will be taking place in the future. Sorry.

If your looking for comedy in Sheffield I'd reccomend abbcom at bar abbey or comedy club at city hall, both good nights.

Archived