Bombed Out In Fowler Terrace 1940

wallytof

No doubt somebody will put me right but I don't remember a thouroughfare called Fowler Terrace off Pitsmoor Road, or Stanley Works being just off Pitsmoor Road at all. Stanley works were on Rutland Road surely. If there was a Fowler Terrace could it've been off Fowler Street somewhere? All streets I remember off Fowler were,from the top, Hayward Road, Grove Street, Marshall Street, and Reginald Street.

No doubt somebody will put me right but I don't remember a thouroughfare called Fowler Terrace off Pitsmoor Road, or Stanley Works being just off Pitsmoor Road at all. Stanley works were on Rutland Road surely. If there was a Fowler Terrace could it've been off Fowler Street somewhere? All streets I remember off Fowler were,from the top, Hayward Road, Grove Street, Marshall Street, and Reginald Street.

Your right Stanley works is on Rutland Rd but what I meant is Fowler was were the playing fields are now also known as Stanley works.

I was born on Fowler Street and lived on Grove Street but cant confirm if there was a terrace cause I was a baby but if it did exist surely it would have been off Fowler Street which was situated were "stanley works" playing fields are today.

Hi,

Fowler terrace is none existant now,due to the blitz, its location was a cul-de-sac about half way up FOWLER STREET (from the railway line) on the left hand side, Grove Street was across on the other side of Fowler Street, this was also bombed,And Reginald Street was just above. 2 people that lived in Fowler Terrace was killed in Marples, the same night. ! was evacuated to Wales

Wallytof

Archived