Punk gigs at the Marples

Many things he said about Africa, America and Iceland turned out to be true. He never told me he had an olympic medal, however after leaving school and being an excellent long distance runner, he was the only smoker who ever beat me in a race ( then i became a smoker :-) ).

Many things he said about Africa, America and Iceland turned out to be true. He never told me he had an olympic medal, however after leaving school and being an excellent long distance runner, he was the only smoker who ever beat me in a race ( then i became a smoker :-) ).

Yeah but do you listen to New Order ;)

No to New Order (Joy Division yes). And no I dont smoke a pipe, however in marcus's and my flat, i remember breaking up cigarettes with Gene October from Chelsea to create roll ups, when he stayed at our house.

• 4 months later...

during the early 80s i also went to the marples, this is were i met my future husband chris long, yes sadly he did die around 14 years ago. the marpels brings back such fab memorys of snakebites and dancing and jumping to music and lyrics that ment so much i met so many interesting people i was also into loads of other bands useally political ect so this eveing off to see john cooper clark at the broadwalk might see some one from those days when i was called lem

during the early 80s i also went to the marples, this is were i met my future husband chris long, yes sadly he did die around 14 years ago. the marpels brings back such fab memorys of snakebites and dancing and jumping to music and lyrics that ment so much i met so many interesting people i was also into loads of other bands useally political ect so this eveing off to see john cooper clark at the broadwalk might see some one from those days when i was called lem

14 years ago???

blimey, mustve been not long after i left sheff then?

ive been up here 14 / 15 years ish, about 1993 i left?

And about 10 years or so ago, I was the dj at Marples.....

I remeber the Marples 1984 onwards and more towards the late 80's.

DJ was called Mick and then the DJ after that was called ?????? he ran off with the landlords wife and then the DJ after that was called Jason - oh happy days