Players Bar, West St.

Rocklegend

yep, I was surprise last week when I saw the "just a lick of paint to do" signs, I had even noticed work starting and i'm usually pretty observant.

i'm not sure what chrisbio means with his patronising "er, no" post earlier :loopy: players seem to have outfitted it pretty quick to me.

Do you think this kind of bar operation will work where it is located? Its competing with one hell of a lot of established bars and 'discount' pubs...its one of those concept bars that will either do fabulous trade and put several others out of business, or curl up and die very quickly as no one understands or likes the 'concept' of its operation. Players is a sort of theme that will have appeal to a limited audience IMO.

I am all for taking huge risks and opening pubs in this credit crunch climate, but this one has got me fascinated.....will it 'do the business' or will it fail to captivate the local market, Bars have come and gone on West Street by the truckload over the last five years....

I think it will do well..its something different in its own way really..finally a decent bar by the sounds of it live dancers, dj drink deals and seems a decent place. I would rather go in here allready than the Cavendish, lava lounge where its just a 'buy a drink and talk' kinda place.

I went in on Saturday. Couldn't quite see how it qualified as a sports bar.... however enjoyed it. Not trendy or pretentious like many new openings, just good fun atmosphere with dance music and people enjoying themselves. Sheffield seemed to be missing such bars, with the only other venue doing the same sort of thing being Bedroom, however the clientele seemed to be different....

Players just needs some decent ale to get me in there regularly!

Do you think this kind of bar operation will work where it is located? Its competing with one hell of a lot of established bars and 'discount' pubs...its one of those concept bars that will either do fabulous trade and put several others out of business, or curl up and die very quickly as no one understands or likes the 'concept' of its operation. Players is a sort of theme that will have appeal to a limited audience IMO.

I am all for taking huge risks and opening pubs in this credit crunch climate, but this one has got me fascinated.....will it 'do the business' or will it fail to captivate the local market, Bars have come and gone on West Street by the truckload over the last five years....

Indeed, West street will see a few casualties next year. Only the strong will survive

Archived