Players Bar, West St.

Rocklegend

Ive been to Players twice now, as soon as i walked in the place i felt the atmosphere and i loved it!

I would like to point out that i am not a 'chav'. I dislike the lava lounge and am not too keen on Embrace either. Personally i think it attracts different types of clientele.

It's a seatless, soulless drinking den, with leather walls. Ne pas bien?!

We DO have seats, I can take some photos of them if you want, and you can put them up on the wall of your souless bedroom, LOL, I kidd, but seriously, we have seats.

Kev

On a recent works night out I was told that we were going into the Players Bar, I am 42 and really wasnt too keen at all, I thought I was quite happy sitting in a pub and enjoying all the antics of the younger crowd.

I was soooooooooooooooo wrong, Players is a fantastic spot in Sheffield, a mix between nightclub and pub....I danced until the early hours, drank wayyyy too much larger and had the best night out I have had in years.

Atmosphere is what makes a place and Players has it in droves...:thumbsup: And of course they have seats !!! Mind you, I didnt sit in any of them :hihi:

I also reccommend it to all the young people that are planning nights out in Sheffield, dont knock it till you've tried it guys

Hi ,

Kev, i have sent you and Neil Sutton a letter and an email each about a dancer vacancy. I am very experienced in performing dance and would love a job there. Could you please get back to me ASAP as i am really interested. Also, is there more than one audition for this job?

Thanks very much

Oh yeah - players is the hottest new bar in sheffield!

Gemma Leanne x:D

i would like to know the price for pool. compare to the common room, which is better/cheaper?:hihi:

the common room's pool is well cheap - i was in there the other day and played for 2 hours and it only came to £5.90 - where as players is £1 a play so would have spend something like £15..... plus you can get wicked food at the common room!

Sounds like a pretty crappy place to me if it exploits both female AND male dancers - has no atmosphere - and attracts a typical chavvish working classs laddish West St crowd - one to avoid me thinks ...

Explain to me please how they are exploiting the dancers when a) the dancers choose to work there, and b) the dancers get paid (very well according to Kev!!!)

I just knew I wouldn't be able to read through this thread without reading a comment like that.

Archived