Players Bar, West St.

Rocklegend

I would personally love a Wrestlemania party but I'd have to convince the powers that be, I'll drop a few hints but I'm making no promises.

Once again for a few people that have stated thats we have no seats, this is NOT true, we do have seats, maybe not loads BUT just to show we listen to feedback, we have ordered a load of new seats and stools for during the day and sporting events.

and last but not least, GemmaLeanne, if you have sent an application then someone will get to it soon, if I'm honest we have a HUGE pile for applications to get through but we will get there.

Cheers

Kev Laws

Players Sports Bars

I heard there was a fight in there on Saturday night that meant police closed West Street off for a short while and when we drove past after the road was opened again, there were a couple of men pummelling each other by the pool table, lovely :)

I heard there was a fight in there on Saturday night that meant police closed West Street off for a short while and when we drove past after the road was opened again, there were a couple of men pummelling each other by the pool table, lovely :)

That's the type of place I seems to be. Each time we have walked past it (have not been in since previous experience), its very much like outside Embrace. In other words full of chav's who want to "have it large" and beat up anyone in sight.

Its a shame really, it could have been a really good addition. Maybe if they put the prices up to Vodka Revolution/Bar 23 levels it might rid the chav's back to the Bedroom Bar!

That's the type of place I seems to be. Each time we have walked past it (have not been in since previous experience), its very much like outside Embrace. In other words full of chav's who want to "have it large" and beat up anyone in sight.

Its a shame really, it could have been a really good addition. Maybe if they put the prices up to Vodka Revolution/Bar 23 levels it might rid the chav's back to the Bedroom Bar!

i've been in there once on a thursday night and to be honest it was full of harmless students.

I've not been in there yet, but we planned to go and check it out on Saturday evening... We arrived at about 10.30pm and there was a queue of maybe 15 -20 people waiting to get in. Unfortunatley I can only discribe them as inebriated chavs and teenagers. You wouldn't have got me in there if you paid me!

I've changed my mind now after that comment - sounds an interesting sort of place ;-)

Sounds like a pretty crappy place to me if it exploits both female AND male dancers - has no atmosphere - and attracts a typical chavvish working classs laddish West St crowd - one to avoid me thinks ...

Thats a harsh statement to make about a place that you have never actually set foot in. :rolleyes:

I went to players last weekend for the first time and was very impressed with it, I hate bars like westways and bedrom that are full of chavs and nessies. There was a mix of people of different ages and classes and the dancers were brilliant.

The dancers were not what you are thinking, the male dancers were doing street dance/break dance moves and were really talented and good entertainment.

I will be going again this weekend :thumbsup:

Archived