Players Bar, West St.

Rocklegend

i can tell you now that there have been very few fights in players and that the one on saturday nyt was the first real punch up. the clientel varies from night to night but generally it is younger peaople, aged 18-25. although there are still alot of people who are older in there, it is not full of chavs or the likes i can asure you, by the sounds of it you are labelling all young people as chavs. if you havent been then dont slag sumwhere off, and there is plenty of seating, all of the windows have seating bays in front of them and then there is the normal seating available. the bar is a dance bar and if you wish to go out and sit down for a drink then maybe you should look elswhere.

i can tell you now that there have been very few fights in players and that the one on saturday nyt was the first real punch up. the clientel varies from night to night but generally it is younger peaople, aged 18-25. although there are still alot of people who are older in there, it is not full of chavs or the likes i can asure you, by the sounds of it you are labelling all young people as chavs. if you havent been then dont slag sumwhere off, and there is plenty of seating, all of the windows have seating bays in front of them and then there is the normal seating available. the bar is a dance bar and if you wish to go out and sit down for a drink then maybe you should look elswhere.

I've been there twice, and my experience contradicts everything you have just said.

There are a few bars that attract the same age range but, unlike Players Bar they don't attract the "ave it large then feyt" club that hang around there before going to Embrace. I wish Sheffield would open more places that attract less idiots. I know I'd rather pay higher drink prices than be surrounded by idiots.

It could have been a decent bar, but will now be included as "one to avoid", much like the Bedroom.

Seeing as they sell Embrace tickets for the club it seems to be more of a pre-bar for embrace...Also heard there was a nasty fight in there on saturday...tend to keep clear of it as it is too rammed tho.

I'm afraid this sums the place up no matter how much anyone argues for or against it, whether they've been in there or not and regardless of the day of the week they went in...

In my opinion that clearly shows the clientel they are aiming for and the type of establishment they aspire to become.

I've been there twice, and my experience contradicts everything you have just said.

There are a few bars that attract the same age range but, unlike Players Bar they don't attract the "ave it large then feyt" club that hang around there before going to Embrace. I wish Sheffield would open more places that attract less idiots. I know I'd rather pay higher drink prices than be surrounded by idiots.

It could have been a decent bar, but will now be included as "one to avoid", much like the Bedroom.

can i ask how your experience contradicts everything richardquinn said?

I heard its crap - they exploit their dancers and create a false artificial aire of exclusiveity by forcing their customers to queue outaide first to be humiliated ... sorry not for me not queuing for any pub cos thats all it is ...

You keep saying they exploit their dancers, but have yet to offer any proof, or explain what you mean when asked. So, I'll ask again - how are they exploiting their dancers?

Queuing to get into a bar is a common occurance all along west street. I don't think they're doing it to create a "false artificial aire of exclusiveity", more that more people than they can fit in actually want to go in. After all, it's only a bar, they won't earn any money if all the customers are on the street.

Archived