Panic Buying Food At Christmas -why

MR BENN

Good plan!!

I always buy loads of everything at Christmas, cos when you go to the shops, people have bought loads of everything and there's nothing left! Oh.....hang on.....

:hihi:

My colleague just told me him & his wife spent over £350 in Tesco last night, they're not even cooking xmas dinner!! :loopy:

How can you spend £350 in Tescos??

I was in M @ Halfway this a.m 8.30 to be precise , the car park was almost full. I got my last minute stuff - a trolley load of fresh items,they were starting to queue down the aisles. We are feeding 4 times as many people for lunch and dinner, so consequently need at least 4 as times as much food and drink.

In that case there should be a 1/4 of the normal amount of people out shopping. :huh:

maybe its becuse they are feeding more people i.e. family coming round or staying the night?? what business is it of yours anyway?

Are you referring to me or Grim?

It's none of our business, but this is a thread about people buying lots of food at christmas, so I thought I'd make a relevant comment about someone spending a large amount of money on xmas food & drink in Tesco, is that not what people do on forums? Make relevant comments about subjects raised in threads?

But anyway, getting back to the subject, my colleague did say that he was buying extra booze for a NYE party but still, I can't work out how you'd rack up £350 worth!!

Are you referring to me or Grim?

It's none of our business, but this is a thread about people buying lots of food at christmas, so I thought I'd make a relevant comment about someone spending a large amount of money on xmas food & drink in Tesco, is that not what people do on forums? Make relevant comments about subjects raised in threads?

But anyway, getting back to the subject, my colleague did say that he was buying extra booze for a NYE party but still, I can't work out how you'd rack up £350 worth!!

Party of 20, you could easily spend £350 on ale/spirits and nibbles!

Archived