Panic Buying Food At Christmas -why

MR BENN

I spent £200 last night at Asda - and got pretty damned stressed in the process.

Manners completely went out of the window. I even swore at a couple of people. Why they feel the need to stand chatting in the middle of the aisle with fourteen trollies waiting to get past is beyond me. :loopy:

I'm just about to go out and do round two. :(

Ho ho ho

I spent £200 last night at Asda - and got pretty damned stressed in the process.

Manners completely went out of the window. I even swore at a couple of people. Why they feel the need to stand chatting in the middle of the aisle with fourteen trollies waiting to get past is beyond me. :loopy:

I'm just about to go out and do round two. :(

Ho ho ho

Did you go to the Mushroom garage one??

That really is the worst one at this time of year.

We did Tesco last night at 2230. Managed to escape the misery at 2255 to buy the pop (licensing laws) and returned from the car to discover some people arguing with the wife about cream cheese.

I'm going to convert to Islam so I never ever have to Christmas shop again.

We usually have two trolleys full but that's onl;y because we do one shop per month. And we buy 90 tims of cat food. Spenty £216 last night in Morrison's but that'll be it until mid-january, except for milk and the odd bit of veg. It included tha aforementioned whiskas and all our xmas drinks.

Last year, knowing that we were going to have 18 to feed for dinner on Christmas Eve, I set the alarm and went shopping at 3am.

It was great- I was back in bed by 4am and there was less stress entailed in the shopping than there was in cooking dinner for 18.

This year it's just the two of us and I've done all I can to avoid shops completely. I just look at the people dashing about and the raised blood pressure and want to opt out.

Archived