How are you finding job hunting at the moment?

Is there much going out there? I'm currently in a job that's gone from bad to worse and i can't take much more, long story!

I've been sending off applications for jobs advertised on various websites and in the Star etc, but there's been little response. The only leads i'm getting from agencies seem to require people to start pretty much straight away, but i need to give notice to my current employer.

Does anyone know of any companies that are recruiting at the moment/for after christmas? I'm looking for office work preferably! :help:

• 2 weeks later...

I worked for sheffield council for 20 odd years and left without anything to go on too. Ive set myself upas a gardener now and although the pay is significantly less i am so much happier and less stressed. It depends on what your priorities are and how much or little money you need to live on. to me my sanity was more important than the money. good luck and trust in the drama of life, something will come up.

if i was employed and not self-empoyed i wouldent even think of moving jobs with the money sitation as it is at mo id hang on

Granted this isn't the best time to move, and if it was stable guaranteed employment i would just ride it out. I seem to be having a bit more luck now though, so fingers crossed hey.

Archived