How are you finding job hunting at the moment?

I'm a lorry driver recently lost my current job due to cutbacks. Can't find anything anywhere. Desperately need to find something to support my wife and little boy. :(

Hi,

You may already have tried them but I noticed today that the Blue Arrow UK agency have quite a few HGV1 & 2 driving jobs going in this area. May be worth having a look?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still having absolutely no luck, and the way things are going right now i'd be happy to take any job there is going. I am actually loosing my hair with stress, can't sleep and am constantly on edge. Does anyone know any agencies recruiting for absolutely anything?? McDonalds considered! :help:

I'm still having absolutely no luck, and the way things are going right now i'd be happy to take any job there is going. I am actually loosing my hair with stress, can't sleep and am constantly on edge. Does anyone know any agencies recruiting for absolutely anything?? McDonalds considered! :help:

You have obviously done your homework with the agencies, if your work is that bad hand your notice in and then take a job with an agency until the right job comes along, it worked for me but that was 18 month ago, things are a bit different now, good luck.

Thanks, i am seriously tempted to do just that but then i can't afford to be out of work. I'd love to just do temp work whilst looking for the right job, but anything that does come up they want someone immediately and i need to give notice or i won't get a good reference. I've been misereable in this job for a long time and feel trapped.

If you have good office experience then you should do ok with an agency. They will always want people immediately so if things are that bad at your current place I would hand in your notice, save as much money as you can this week to tide you over if it takes a couple of weeks to get agency work and then hit the agencies after your notice (or at the end of it, 'immediate' can still take a week or 2 to get into the work place)

Thanks, i am seriously tempted to do just that but then i can't afford to be out of work. I'd love to just do temp work whilst looking for the right job, but anything that does come up they want someone immediately and i need to give notice or i won't get a good reference. I've been misereable in this job for a long time and feel trapped.
Hi Charlotte We are kleeneze distributors and love it,you are your own boss,you can work when you want,the more you do the more you earn.SACK YOUR BOSS,BECOME YOUR OWN BOSS.ENJOY THE FREEDOM.http://www.eze2go.com/116605 for more information.

Good post, i was going to start a new thread regarding this topic.

I lost my job last June and since then Ive been ducking and diving trying to find something.

What I am fed up with is Agencys advertising jobs, then you apply, you go to register, only to never hear anything from them again. You ring them up and they feed you a load of b******s and bull about having nothing on, yet they are advertising on the internet, but as soon as you enquire about a job and mention your already on their books, they dont want to know, or say the job has gone.

The day i got laid off I rang Nikkie from Adecco in Rotherham about work, I went and seen her the following Monday, registered (even though I had been there before and done it with them) handed my CV, told her I wanted to get back in the same line of work, BUT was willing to take anything on a temp basis until anything came up. I never heard anything from them, jack, and everytime I apply for a job online, I get blanked, not even a confirmation e-mail. I was in town a few weeks back (Roth) so decided to pop over. I saw a few jobs that I thought would suit just to fill in the blanks for the time being, so I pressed the bell, and i knew I was speaking to Nikki, I mentioned the jobs, and she was very enthusiastic, bring your cv in, the jobs are still available. but as soon as I mentioned I was already reg with them, it went quiet, then she mentioned 'the board needed updating' another bull story. I must have reg with 40 agencies in the last 7months and worked for 3 of them. I know work is flagging a little, but why do they advertise jobs then treat you like crap once you register with them? Its happend over the years. and what also pees me off, I come from an Estimating background, and when I apply for a job in Admin or Data entry, they come up with 'You dont have the right expereince'. Well what do Estimators do? Stare at drawings and a computer screen ll day? Its beyond a joke and im sick of being treat like ****e by agencies. I am now Dole Scum (no offence to anybody) and I hate it, I didnt wnt to do it, but the girlfreind made me.

Rant over

Archived