School sponsored walks

I always remember, at school (Beaver Hill) every year we always did a sponsored walk round the reservoirs (ladybower and derwent i believe) long time ago, my memories crap.

I always remember there was always kids getting into big trouble for cheating and swimming across (every year) surely theyd think theyd get noticed sat in the van going home soaking wet??

The Hucklow Walk that we used to do every year with Scouts was quite good. It was Endcliffe Park to Great Hucklow, where there was this kind of outdoor activity centre place. Once you'd done it a few years you ended up with a pile of identical certificates that verified that 'so-and-so did toil a long and weary 16 miles'.

Eventually of course, you realised that these certificates would never be any further use to you ever in your life and you could throw them away.

Originally posted by ali63

I went to BeaverHill and remember the sponsered walk wasn't it about 20 mile only did it for the day of school

dunno i wasnt counting, seemed to take an eternity tho, and those damn cross country runs round the surrounding area near school.

*passes out through exhaustion just thinking about it*

• 4 months later...

Archived