House on Queens Road S2

holidayhutch

Can anyone tell me why a house on Queens Road (opposite the Arc car wash) is not just boarded up but bricked up but the houses on either side have people living in them. It just looks so sad as the upstairs windows are still there and everytime I go past and am sat at the lights I get a funny feeling something bad/sad happened there. Can anyone enlighten me?

My family lived in the house you mention and when we left it in 1967, someone else moved for a number of years. The house is owned by Travis Perkins Builders and it was boarded up when the last tenant left. My aunt still lives in the end house.

Nothing bad ever happened in that house and I have only good memories of very happy times. It is a shame that it has been boarded up as it is a good, well-made house.

My family lived in the house you mention and when we left it in 1967, someone else moved for a number of years. The house is owned by Travis Perkins Builders and it was boarded up when the last tenant left. My aunt still lives in the end house.

Nothing bad ever happened in that house and I have only good memories of very happy times. It is a shame that it has been boarded up as it is a good, well-made house.

HI Len did you also live on Gloucester st no 48

I'm I read somewhere that those houses were going to be demolished but someone came up with the idea that they should be listed as they were the forerunners of concrete made houses.

It seems such a waste of living accommodation if the house is left unoccupied and allowed to fall into disrepair as many others in Sheffield.

Maybe someone will come up with the facts.'

PopT

Thanks - it does seem such a shame and I know it sounds daft but because the house looks so old from the decaying upstairs windows and is always so dark, it's like there is someone still inside crying out for help. It really unsettles me everytime we past.

Hi Arthur.

I did not live on Gloucester Street, are you thinking of Len Freeman ?

The house on Queens road, the talk at the time was it was going to be pulled down to make a bigger entrance to the building firm. But now they have a new entrance just up the road they may want to sell it. It is a waste of perfectly good living accommodation,

looks a mess and I'm sure there must be damp going into the houses on either side. The firm who owns the property should be made to do something about it.

Archived