Bandstand in Chapeltown Park

six45ive

I'd be interested to know myself for rebuilding it might just be the kick start the park needs to return it to it's former glory.

Forget lottery funding - unless of course the bandstand was to be re-dedicated to gay whales/solvent abusing, female circumcision, ebola victims support groups/underpriveliged one armed lithuanian basket weavers etc.

There's never any money for middle England village projects. :rolleyes:

Forget lottery funding - unless of course the bandstand was to be re-dedicated to gay whales/solvent abusing, female circumcision, ebola victims support groups/underpriveliged one armed lithuanian basket weavers etc.

There's never any money for middle England village projects. :rolleyes:

ooh you synic you :hihi::hihi::hihi:

• 3 years later...

Hi, I work with the Friends of Chapeltown Park, and some of these comments are quite hurtful reading them. We work incredibly hard to improve the park and in the past year have built and opened a new playground, revamped the BMX Track, held numerous events around this bandstand, created the Butterfly Glade & are now in the process of developing a Teen Area on the site of the old playground. Come and join in with us and get involved in improving the park, instead of just writing bad things of it on here. We are always looking for more volunteers.

We would love to see a picture of how the bandstand used to look, as cannot view the other!!

Hi, I work with the Friends of Chapeltown Park, and some of these comments are quite hurtful reading them. We work incredibly hard to improve the park and in the past year have built and opened a new playground, revamped the BMX Track, held numerous events around this bandstand, created the Butterfly Glade & are now in the process of developing a Teen Area on the site of the old playground. Come and join in with us and get involved in improving the park, instead of just writing bad things of it on here. We are always looking for more volunteers.

We would love to see a picture of how the bandstand used to look, as cannot view the other!!

Of course, the comments about the poor condition of the bandstand ARE from 2008, which at the last calculation, makes them from four years ago... three years before the addition of the revamped BMX track and butterfly glade etc.

When i was a lad back in the seventies,chapeltown park had a park keeper,once they got shut of him its gone downhill ever since, friends of chapeltown park do however deserve some credit for trying to improve the park.

When i was a lad back in the seventies,chapeltown park had a park keeper,once they got shut of him its gone downhill ever since, friends of chapeltown park do however deserve some credit for trying to improve the park.

Yep, I don't think there were many parks that didn't have a park-keeper or ranger back then,

Yep, I don't think there were many parks that didn't have a park-keeper or ranger back then,

Remember when they did away with the park keeper ,they were replaced with the park patrol who toured round all the local parks on motorbikes,then nothing.:(

Archived