Does any one remember the coach house - wicker

sheffsal

My Dad was landlord of The Lion on the corner of the Wicker and Nursery Street. When the bank closed it became the Peacock Chinese restaurant and then it became The Coach House

did your Dad know kenneth Sampson? he was the accountant on the oppersite corner.

ooooo i used to love the coach house me and my hubby had just started going together way back then we went a lot

i once went in though and got my purse stolen and we had eaten the bloody meal i was sooo embarassed in them days cash machines was few and far between id got visions of me wasing the pots lol

but they let me pay the next day bless em lovley placex

I think the disco up stairs was called valentines anyhow the last song always was true - spandau ballet. The DJ at the time was the boyfriend of one the women in my group think she was called diane - mainly everyone in the group worked at firth rixons late 80's

Once went for a meal with about 12 peeps there (always good stuff) in the very early '80s. The days of 'Miami Vice' rolled up sleeves and canvas shoes. Ordered a meal which invlved a kebab of some description. The waitress spilled my drink, then stood on my foot. Later she came to collect the plates, dropping the skewer which, (I can't use the term embedded, really), landed in the same foot. I hobbled upstairs expecting compensation in the shape of a 'close' dance, but she refused. A sort of staff and customer thing (I like to console myself with)