Greens golf bar, appears closed down?...

crooksy74

another victim of the economy, i feel sorry for the person who is still owed wages, however this was still someones business and im sure someone invested money in it so maybe the 'i told you so' attitude is a bit tight , when its a load more people out of work. i'd heard it was ok, good staff , service etc..

Well that was not there very long......must be a record......they did not give it much of a chance, it can take a full year to get a pub/bar up to its optimum, not a couple of months. Not many bars/pubs go into profit during the first year, you have to hang on in there and go with it....

another victim of the economy, i feel sorry for the person who is still owed wages, however this was still someones business and im sure someone invested money in it so maybe the 'i told you so' attitude is a bit tight , when its a load more people out of work. i'd heard it was ok, good staff , service etc..

he advertised it on here under new usernames, 2 posts a pop, he didnt put effort in, i tried to ive him adive albeit rudely but he ignored.

The owner of this bar wants shooting.

It was too expensive. When it opened, it should have had more incentives, to get people through the doors. IE Lower price for initial period or buy one round get next free etc.

But it didnt. Full price from the off. Most people didnt know what it was. An initial offer would have prompted them perhaps to at least check it out.

In addition, they have HSBC, Sheffields 2nd biggest employer, on their doorstep (the IT Centre at Griffin House). There are often flyers from companies in the foyer here. Greens Glof Bar? Nothing.

Not t omy knowledge were local golf clubs targeted marketing wise.

They could have gone to town with HSBC staff, with lunchtime offers etc, but as far as I know they did nothing.

Archived