Greens golf bar, appears closed down?...

crooksy74

You mean besides the £10 off per hour and cheap drinks across the board for HSBC staff...

Always thought it was a great place for team/work events. Problem was it opened at the time they were all being cancelled.

The owner of this bar wants shooting.

It was too expensive. When it opened, it should have had more incentives, to get people through the doors. IE Lower price for initial period or buy one round get next free etc.

But it didnt. Full price from the off. Most people didnt know what it was. An initial offer would have prompted them perhaps to at least check it out.

In addition, they have HSBC, Sheffields 2nd biggest employer, on their doorstep (the IT Centre at Griffin House). There are often flyers from companies in the foyer here. Greens Glof Bar? Nothing.

Not t omy knowledge were local golf clubs targeted marketing wise.

They could have gone to town with HSBC staff, with lunchtime offers etc, but as far as I know they did nothing.

sounds like a very fairway of driving support for the venue. I wonder if anyone else will putter in an bid for it, maybe a few golfers could club together to tee up an offer, otherwise it will be wedged in the current economic slowdown as perhaps other wouldbe suitors have enough irons already in the fire...and taking it on now could be quite a handicap!

You mean besides the £10 off per hour and cheap drinks across the board for HSBC staff...

Always thought it was a great place for team/work events. Problem was it opened at the time they were all being cancelled.

What im saying is I doubt whether or not it was a great or a crap idea has mattered that much in the current climate. Most business are lucky to break even in their first year, so that coupled with that fact people have less disposable income and the fact banks are pulling plug on lending probably meant it wasnt going to be succesful regardless. I hear the Japanese love the virtual golf bars though !!!!

No I dont and I wouldn't bother trying atm.

If I had the capital, I'd have a go, but I'd be running a gay bar, of course, and I'd be a damn sight more careful investing money than certain recent attempts down Attercliffe way; there are always a few decent empty bar/club premises right near the city centre at any one time...

Now that there's obviously another (very well appointed one), my odds are on another gay bar sprouting up (for perhaps 4 months lol:hihi:)

No I dont and I wouldn't bother trying atm.

Well shut your mouth then. I know the owner and I know he tried really hard to get people in the door to the point of nearly making himself ill - so unless you know the person you can't say they didn;t tried. At least they tried to do something different, there's nothing wrong with that.

Well shut your mouth then. I know the owner and I know he tried really hard to get people in the door to the point of nearly making himself ill - so unless you know the person you can't say they didn;t tried. At least they tried to do something different, there's nothing wrong with that.

well said :thumbsup: some people though seem to love it when something fails and cant wait to say 'i told you so'.

Archived