Don't pay to get in Pubs NY Eve!

goldenfleece

Well tightpants runs a few establishments...

I'm taking it this is a thread to get us crammed in either the york, the dove and rainbow and any other affiliates. I heard the other day the previous dove and rainbow owner john? fluffed everything up and had to move dahn saaf hence why the d & r bar shut up.

Not exactly a plug for the York or the Dove, but I have always HATED Pubs that rip off their customers Xmas Eve and NY Eve...I take it as a personal insult to have to pay to get in my own local.....all pubs went through a spate of doing this in the 90's big time...even my own pubs were guilty of it (nothing to do with me at the time). It is just Landlords being GREEDY and there is no other motive at all....it only serves to put off people these days, last year the few pubs that charged entry NY Eve in my area were dead as a dodo and the free ones were packed and had the last laugh....no one is going to pay £10 for a ticket to a 'normal' pub these days, and the ones who seem to think they will rake it in have yet to sell any tickets, desperately promoting the fact they have 'tickets left..hurry hurry hurry' etc, which means none sold in the real world.....Why? Because the Pub across the road is free!!!

Previous Dove owner, this is a bit complicated, lets just say he went bankrupt, twice within 12 months......

you have to keep a very tight rein on finances in this game, one slip and the wolves are inside before you can bolt the doors....

Well, we're FREE entry as usual.

But may well be one-in-one-out (as it was on Xmas Eve) if we get too busy and reach our fire capacity.

Open 2pm - 2am at least (think we went til 3am last year, memory a little hazy)

Hoping i can get done and get down before you shut :thumbsup:

The Dove is free all night, we just keep on going until everybody drops! The amazing Dove and Rainbow team will keep you all merry until the small hours....

The York is also free and will see in 2009 on a merry note, but note, no entry after Midnight, you need to get there before.....

Not exactly a plug for the York or the Dove, but I have always HATED Pubs that rip off their customers Xmas Eve and NY Eve...I take it as a personal insult to have to pay to get in my own local.....all pubs went through a spate of doing this in the 90's big time...even my own pubs were guilty of it (nothing to do with me at the time). It is just Landlords being GREEDY and there is no other motive at all....it only serves to put off people these days, last year the few pubs that charged entry NY Eve in my area were dead as a dodo and the free ones were packed and had the last laugh....no one is going to pay £10 for a ticket to a 'normal' pub these days, and the ones who seem to think they will rake it in have yet to sell any tickets, desperately promoting the fact they have 'tickets left..hurry hurry hurry' etc, which means none sold in the real world.....Why? Because the Pub across the road is free!!!

Previous Dove owner, this is a bit complicated, lets just say he went bankrupt, twice within 12 months......

you have to keep a very tight rein on finances in this game, one slip and the wolves are inside before you can bolt the doors....

Quite right, I may well pay you a visit. :thumbsup:

Lions Note lol

Lions Lair is the only free Gay venue in Sheffield 5pm till 12.30pm!

It is charging as Normal for its after party, though with a small surcharge that we are donating to the Sheffield 2009 Pride Fundraiser.

The Devonshire also is not charging though it does have a party for 100 booked. So it will be very busy.

Well since last year when we went to Spain over new year, I've no intentions of stopping here with drunken, sozzled idiots planning on drinking as much as they possibly can. And if they're willing to pay for the privilege, then they're more foolish than I thought.

So, we're off to Spain again to see in 2009 in short sleeved shirts, where the locals celebrate without getting out of their minds and in a pleasant, family orientated and thus safe atmosphere.

Last year there gathered a good couple of thousand people in the town square to enjoy free champagne, party hats, live bands and the town square bedecked in glorious fairy lights.

We saw in 2008 with the Spanish then saw it in again at a bar - an hour later, seeing in 2008 with the English.

All this, and you know what? There wasn't a copper in sight.

Beats the zoos in our towns, doesn't it?

We saw in 2008 with the Spanish then saw it in again at a bar - an hour later, seeing in 2008 with the English.All this, and you know what? There wasn't a copper in sight.Beats the zoos in our towns, doesn't it?

Sounds cool. Never done NY abroad yet but I think I will have to try it sometime....

Archived