What's the crack with the Pomona?

olilew

we went in the pomona last night (monday). they only had the one beer on. most of the fridges were empty as were most of the spirit bottles. it looked as if they were getting rid of all the stock ready to shut down. i know they had problems recently but is it closing?

we went in the pomona last night (monday). they only had the one beer on. most of the fridges were empty as were most of the spirit bottles. it looked as if they were getting rid of all the stock ready to shut down. i know they had problems recently but is it closing?

They may have had a very successful Xmas period and be waiting for a delivery. This often happens...we were so rammed Xmas Eve which we had not expected in Broomhill we ran short of Carling and Becks a few days later and had to have an extra beer delivery arranged.

it depends on the Pub Company...some don't deliver at all during Xmas week and expect you to order double in advance to compensate, but since payment is usually required almost immediately before you have a chance to sell the stock, this can be an issue....

When I last went in it was a dive. All the locks on the toilets had been deliberately broken, I can only assume to discourage druggies shooting up, but all it did was to confirm in my mind that I would never enter that ****hole ever again

I used to go there when it was under the old management, guy named sonny who had previously owned the cannon. It was always full and friendly and the guy seemed the nicest landlord ever :huh:

I keep meaning to go now it's under the new management but just ...haven't...

Me and my friends used to go in as the last pub on our eccie road crawl before going to a club/late bar in town. It used to be very busy with said old landlord who often ran cheap drink promos (i remember once over the loud speeks anbnouced that for 10 mins you could buy 3 bottle of leger for a pound!!)and even a few times came round giving everybody in the pub a free bottle of lager!

I used to go there when it was under the old management, guy named sonny who had previously owned the cannon. It was always full and friendly and the guy seemed the nicest landlord ever :huh:

I keep meaning to go now it's under the new management but just ...haven't...

The cannon was one of my favourite boozers, not least because you could light a joint up and the fact that most of the customers were too stoned to cause trouble

Archived