What's the crack with the Pomona?

olilew

Me and my friends used to go in as the last pub on our eccie road crawl before going to a club/late bar in town. It used to be very busy with said old landlord who often ran cheap drink promos (i remember once over the loud speeks anbnouced that for 10 mins you could buy 3 bottle of leger for a pound!!)and even a few times came round giving everybody in the pub a free bottle of lager!

I was the loud speaker (so to speak) not only did he do cheap drinks he gave away loads thats the reason the pub was losing near to £3000 a week, there were always fights sometimes started by the old landlord.

Pubs do sell out of beer at the holiday periods so some beers might not have been available. The new people in charge run the Pomona well, its clean and theres very little trouble its a fantastic place to work in (which i do as the karaokeman) as for the toilet doors most pubs these days have problems with drugs the Pomona is trying to put this right, if drug use wasnt seen as cool or have people making excuses for drug users then maybe it wouldn't be such a problem.

Hi everyone!!

Firstly the beer issue, Christmas was realy good for us and our delivery comes on a Tuesday morning, normally if there is a problem I move beer from my other pub but that was also a little low on stock. Sorry!

Just also to let you know that we have now launched our January sale! All mains for £1.99 and sarnis for £1.49, 90% of the food is cooked from scratch in our kitchen which is how we keep it so reasonably priced. We will also be running drinks offers all day every day and for everyone!!!!! Students, locals and all the office staff.

There is a refub planned but you want to try getting money out of anyone for that at the moment!!! Please bare with us.

I'd like to thank all the people who have supported myself and the whole team at the Pomona in our first 12 months and we look forward to your continued support over the next 12 months.

Thanks

Andy

Archived