Affinity spoilt our NYE

FabulousInc

We spent it in Platillos. Had a meal first and then went to the bar downstairs. Food was good as usual but downstairs was very cold as the main door kept opening. The staff were all dressed up and had obviously made an effort but the actual countdown was a let down. They messed it up and did it twice - very confusing. Also there were balloons all tied up on the ceiling but they couldn't release them so the bouncers had get on step ladders and let them go. Kind of defeats the purpose when balloons are released at 5 past 12 doesn't it? Shame.

It was quiet too - was the rest of town quiet?

- was really disgusting. It was wayyyyyy too hot even though there are fans that weren't switched on until we asked the staff to put them on.

So thanks Affinity for spoiling our NYE. :(

Maybe Affinity could have made a few spare bob piping some of that excess heat into Floorfillers in Plug the same night lol! See: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=437760 :D

It spoilt our night too!!

If we wanted at midnight to be listening to an incredibly poor quality Timmy Mallett rendition of Auld Lang Syne, with our feet glued to the floor in a hot, sweaty, smelly hellhole - then we would have gone elsewhere!

People were leaving in droves - and no wonder!

Absolutely no thought or planning went into this night at all. It was just like any other night there - but with extra alcohol glue on the floor.

And we had to pay to get in!!!

Shocking!

Sorry you had such a bad experience in there StageWalker - I normally find its an excellent friendly bar/club but then I dont tend to be in late at night for special events when inevitably because of the jollities alcohol will be spilt ... an overcrowded hot stuffy environment sounds the ideal mixing vessel also for spreading flus and colds - wonder how many of the attendees have them now ... which is why I try to avoid NYE celebs where possible ... all that hand holdling kissing etc too also - ugh !

We just wished we could but because we'd turned down a party invite we'd got nowhere else to go apart from home so we spent most of the night outside smoking.

It all sounds pretty bad and all - but really if it was that bad I think I would have gone home rather than standing about outside a club I didn't like getting cold.

It spoilt our night too!!

If we wanted at midnight to be listening to an incredibly poor quality Timmy Mallett rendition of Auld Lang Syne, with our feet glued to the floor in a hot, sweaty, smelly hellhole - then we would have gone elsewhere!

People were leaving in droves - and no wonder!

And we had to pay to get in!!!

Shocking!

In that case im glad I used my power of veto when someone suggested the 'auld' dance version! Wrong, wrong, wrong only the original on nye, call me old fashioned, maybe its my age! Ps there was one gay bar that did not charge an entrance fee !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Claret

Just a note to say 'glad you came into Platillos', but sorry about the Balloon thing. We paid a fortune for them and they should have exploded!! We got the money back but still shouldn't have happened. Very embarrased! Happy New Year anyway.

Platillos.

Archived