Anybody go to jordanthorpe school 1977-84

I started at Jordo in '79, I still get a chill thinking about the rugby PE lessons with Mr Hensby (nutter he was!). All I got to show for it was an "o" level in metalwork and another in biology. If you know anyone who wants a cat welding, I am your man!

Can you remember the bloke with the "pipkin mobile", I think it was mr Freemont. He did the school discos in the North Building. I think he taught physics. I was talking to someone the other day who thinks he died recently.

I think it was Mr Pollard, he had an old painted Morris Minor van. Saw him fairly recently in Sainsburys.

• 2 years later...

hi all, I was at Jordanthorpe, but earlier than most of you, good times and bad.

Would any one rember the whole school standing for for hours in assembly, some one had a coppy of Lady Chatterles Lover, the head ( POP) Adams and the staff till somone owend up to having the paper back book.

Archived