Jordanthorpe school 1965 - 1969.

bigkev

hey up. now that name john tate he was in the same form as me we use to call him by his nick name spud tate I havent seen him since I left jordanthorpe school in 1969 I wonder what he looks like now? dont think I would recognise him if I saw him now he use to live down frazer road when he was at school he was big mates with bobby locket and ronnie bradshaw. oh to see my old school mates mind you there is one I wont be able to see not now as he is dead or so I have been told and that is derek burnand he use to live on lowedges when he was younger he burnt down the laundrett that was at the shops where the grennel moor pub is. I shall have to have a venture back up there and see if anything as changed I moved on to lowedges in 1958 and left lowedges in 1970. well topham road that is had some good mates who I grew up with on topham road.

Spud is now fat (still got red hair ,going bald with it ). Still lives in the land of Walter Mitty. Do you remember the other woodseats lads, glen wright, holloway twins, mick biggin,mick cooper, the crookes twins.

Hey what about bob bowler from lowedges & the brothwells & bartholemew's. Loads more i remember as well.

Lowedges park, rowlinson youth club, the lido at millhouses, the fair that came to norton every summer.

They were fantastic times, and i have often run in to the people i went to school with. Some of them live near me & we are still friends now.

yes I can remember the holloway twins as for the others not too sure all though mick biggin name rings a bell didnt they move on to lowedges just up from the grennel moor pub.oh and I know bob bowler he use to go out with a friend of mines sister in fact I think they got married my mate was called steve turner his mum use to work at the white hart pub up in grennel village. I bet a lot of them as changed now either going bald or put on some weight. when I left lowedges I use to go up to woodseats quite a lot and go and see my dad he use to play the piano in the chantry pub.can you remeber a guy called frankie warren he lived on batemoor a lot of my school mates I cant think what they call them I can remember some of them though richard street,gary miles,philip hydes,paul tomkinson, or herman is nickname use to be then there was steven wain,jimmy wain,and some of the girls I use to know mary jackson,pat bramall,susan swift,joan greaves,linda furnace,elizebeth harwood,and others who I cant name can see there faces now old age is creeping up on me.

yeah not a lot couldnt be bothered just was glad to leave school mind you the only thing I was interested in was metal work. every other subject wasnt bothered about this is what I like about this forum you are always quick off the mark to point out the mistakes what someone makes, we cant all be top of the class can we if I wasnt feeling so low I would tell you what to do with yourself, do you take great pleasure in pointing out the mistakes what people make. there you are there is full stops and commers in, happy now ?

hey riffraff, sorry about the last thread it is just that I am now suffering my cold turkey spell as started and my craving for a beer is getting worse. I have got to suffer now for at least 2 weeks hence thats why I was really low yesterday. didnt mean to say them things to you but if you have never been in this situation then you wont know what it is like, it is sheer hell and everybody normally cops it when I am down like this. but thats the joy of being an alcoholic so sorry for yesterdays out burst. what I normally do is not talk to anybody or even write I just lock myself away and in a short time things start to pick up and I am my normal self again. so as I said please forgive my out burst I am not normally like this.

Hey I've been there Kev stick with it, it's worth the effort mate. You want or need to chat anytime leave me a message. I'm in Canada so we're 8hrs behind you. The time here as I post this is 12.15 lunchtime so it will probably show as posted at 8.15pm.

Bigkev -

You're right - I've never been there.

You're right - I don't want to be there.

You're right - I'll therefore never know what you're going through.

Where you're wrong is that you seem to think that nobody will be on your side and support you...

You've my vote for a start.....

Anybody who can come clean like you have (and apologise to boot) gets my respect...

So, good on you - best of British to you.

Apology accepted, not really required, end of subject....

I used to live on Lowedges road and went to Jordanthorpe school in the 70s. The french teacher was always seemingly drunk, and the history teacher could be advised what mark to give for homework. There was a group of older lads from the "terminus" bit of Lowedges that formed a band and always sang "Have you ever been to Stoke on Trent i dont know, have you ever been to Stoke on Trent i dont think so!" on the back of the late bus from town. Does anyone remember them?