St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

tara

Flightliner, my sister (Kath Bush) was in the same class as those you mention. She is 66 now and remembers there being nearly 60 in the class. She is curious to know who you are and I could pass it on as she doesnt have access to the forum. There is a pic in the Retro (Sheffield Star) today which shows the class at St Pats 1 year above. In it is my eldest brother Tony.

I took a trip back to st petes when it was apart of the Parson Cross College had a good look round been over 20 years ago since I was last there this would have been 2001 since then it has been pulled down. I left in 1979 anyone know why they had to close the school down?

Yes. They ran out of catholic pupils and the Bishop coudn,t justify keeping it open for financial reasons. Father O,Reilly was unhappy at decision and this led I believe to his premature departure from the parish of St Thomas Mores.

I thought Father O`Reilly left long before the school closed.

Edited by Dave Br

Father O,Reilly was unhappy at decision

When was Father O'Reilly ever happy about anything?

He certainly wasn't happy the day he sent me as an altar boy to the sacristy for some "mumble mumble mumble..." (I asked him twice to repeat it - still got no idea what he said)

Not knowing what to do I nipped out the side door and went home :)

Anyone remember Father Hurley??? always late for Mass, oh and his sermons used to go

and on and on me (Yvonne Kelly) and my sister Glenys Kelly and Susan Liko used to sit yawning. We couldn't wait to get out. This was at the little church on Halifax Road.