St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

tara

I went to St Pete`s in `58`and left easter `62. I was in Mr McAnearneys class for the first year then went to Farrels class in the second year.

I remember some of the names John Fox, John Brennan. Pete Smith, Ben Wragg, Pete Fairclough(fairy), Alan Moy. There was one boy who came from

St Charles called Fred Westwood and Paul? lived on Broad Oaks off Staniforth. My name is Michael (Mick) Brown.

The Paul was Paul Parkin, not sure about Farrels class I think he was the PE teacher, it was the French teachers class I went up to.

my pal went to st.Peters 67,to,71 ,Lynne Marie Hart ,she had sisters Mandy ,and Beverly,and a brother Shaun,she would like to hear from anybody that knew her .

I was in the same year as Bev, do you know her also? I'd love to hear from her.

yes i know beverly she is doing fine ,pas me your adress or your e,mail and i will pass it on ,my adress is 35 worrall rd, high green ,my e,mail,is bribrib 75 @live.co.uk

bri bloomer, sent you a private message with details. Thanks Paul T.

The Paul was Paul Parkin, not sure about Farrels class I think he was the PE teacher, it was the French teachers class I went up to.

Not too sure but did Paul Parkin work as a firefighter when he left school?

Mr O-Farrel was the pe teacher, not to bad if it all went his way but any lad who incurred his wrath would see him being lifted by his sideburns, it was soooooooooooooooo painful.:loopy::help:

Not too sure but did Paul Parkin work as a firefighter when he left school?

Mr O-Farrel was the pe teacher, not to bad if it all went his way but any lad who incurred his wrath would see him being lifted by his sideburns, it was soooooooooooooooo painful.:loopy::help:

I didn`t meet Paul again after leaving school I met John Brennan a few times he was in the police force met Pete Smith a few times up town also Vincent Kenny, Alan Moy was a scafolder met him on a few sites.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I went to St Peter in the 80's remember some of teaches which have been metioned and also some of the people. proper school not that I like it at the time but looking back as you do it was a very good school. I had to leave though as it was about to close. think it was about 1983-85 ish. good times

Hi there flightliner,

I have waited quite a while for someone of my age to reply to my thread.

Like you I had some good time in school, apart from getting the cane from Mr Fitspatrick. I n those days it didn't matter if you were a girl.Before St Peters I went to St Charles on Attercliffe, the novelty there was playing on the flat roof.The only time I went to St Pats ,was to the dance on sat or sunday evening, good times bopping all night. Sister Joesaphine, sticks in my mind, she wasn't what you would have expected from a nun. She was always sending me to the head, mostly for giggeling in class. She tried to teach my friends and I music, but not what we enjoyed.Mr Anyon was one of the best, and Mr Macenerney. Here are some names I remember, freddie marr, brendan cassum,peter fairfield, jeff fox,kevin odonell,peter eades, a prefect.

June sayles, eileen carr, josie munn, maureen wheelan, pat kennadey, eileen richards, mary mcanerney. By the way my name was linda omahoney, please let me have yours. Kind regards Linda.

there was a Maureen Whelan in my year at St Peters, she lived off Upwell Street, emegrated to Aus not long after leaving school had a brother called Ray. I was at St Petes from `58 to`62.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I didn`t meet Paul again after leaving school I met John Brennan a few times he was in the police force met Pete Smith a few times up town also Vincent Kenny, Alan Moy was a scafolder met him on a few sites.

Hi Guys wasn't going to get involved but just seen Vince Kenny's name mentioned, he informs me we shared the St peters Link, We're both here in Gibraltar for more than 30 years now, next time I see him i'll let him know he got a mention. I'm 10/12 years younger so you won't know me

Regards Sean G.