St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

tara

• 2 weeks later...
me went to both schools left st peters 1975 anyone remember the battles with colley school our dear neighbours , also the set to with ecco school referred to by some as the chip butty battle .

Mintar, you must have been in my year at St. Peter's, my user name is a big clue.

The chip butty battle was at the Marden Coffee Bar on Ecclesfield High Street . We would have been in the third year at that time. Happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to St Pats and St Peters. Some of my mates that I remember were Bogden Wattawer, Sean Doughty, Paul Gallagen, Quinnys, Declan Fogerty, Paul Baranowsk, Sean Meehan, Ashley and Gavin Housley. I remember the chip butty fight in Ecclesfield. I remember Paul Baranoski chasing Colley single handed. :)

Hi Linda

I recognise a few names from St. Peter's. Pete Fairfield went to Canada in 1965. He's still there - we exchange Xmas cards every year. Geoff Fox still lives in High Green. Mary McAnerny lost her husband (Neil) a few months ago. Sadly, I'm sure Kevin O'Donnell died many years ago.

Best Regards

grabberman, sounds like you were in the same year as my brother Rory, along with the few names I can remember, Richard Cutts, Neil Moss and I think Mick McAssey.

I am occasionally in touch with Sean Meehan through work.

is that the same sean meehan wot lived on swan bourn rd I think neil moss wos younger than me Im the big 50 now :thumbsup:

Hi there,ex st.pats.My brother and i went to st,pats from41/42 until 1950.We lived on HARTLEY BROOK RD,close to BARNSLEY RD.FRANK ROACH was in my brothers class.Staff there were SISTER'S BERNADETTE(made head not long after we started there) i believe previous head was SISTER MERCY?. Other staff i recall were SISTERS JOSEPHINE,JOHN AND FRANCIS.MISS DONAVON.CAIRNS,MRS SMITH,MR WALSH, KENNEDY,MR (EGO)THOMSON-AN ARROGANT BULLY.(he had a few run-ins with one or two kids parents),we almost saw a fist fight one afternoon,when a student who was roughly handled by him,went home and came back, with his older brother,who told MR THOMSON, what he would do to him if it happend again.I won't mention names,but he kept his hands off the students after that.I heard much later that there had been some divine intervention(FATHER GALLON).Years later whilst searching for long lost pals,i managed to trace one after 50 years,and when introduced to his wife,found out she was FRANK ROACH'S sister SHIELA.Other kids at that time were; GERRARD'S-BERNARD,KATHLEEN,TERRY,THOMAS. PARKINS-VINCENT,CARL. the O-FARRELS -KATHLEEN,KEVIN, their parents later worked for the school,he was the caretaker and his wife was the head dinner lady.My brother and KEVIN have been close best friends ,for over seventy years.HAPPY DAYS.eightlegger.

hi Eightlegger I am Carl Parkins daughter, I told him he'd got a mention in your post and he says he remembers the Gerrity's and a Miss O'Brien. He lived on Hartley Brook Ave.