St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

tara

Hi there,ex st.pats.My brother and i went to st,pats from41/42 until 1950.We lived on HARTLEY BROOK RD,close to BARNSLEY RD.FRANK ROACH was in my brothers class.Staff there were SISTER'S BERNADETTE(made head not long after we started there) i believe previous head was SISTER MERCY?. Other staff i recall were SISTERS JOSEPHINE,JOHN AND FRANCIS.MISS DONAVON.CAIRNS,MRS SMITH,MR WALSH, KENNEDY,MR (EGO)THOMSON-AN ARROGANT BULLY.(he had a few run-ins with one or two kids parents),we almost saw a fist fight one afternoon,when a student who was roughly handled by him,went home and came back, with his older brother,who told MR THOMSON, what he would do to him if it happend again.I won't mention names,but he kept his hands off the students after that.I heard much later that there had been some divine intervention(FATHER GALLON).Years later whilst searching for long lost pals,i managed to trace one after 50 years,and when introduced to his wife,found out she was FRANK ROACH'S sister SHIELA.Other kids at that time were; GERRARD'S-BERNARD,KATHLEEN,TERRY,THOMAS. PARKINS-VINCENT,CARL. the O-FARRELS -KATHLEEN,KEVIN, their parents later worked for the school,he was the caretaker and his wife was the head dinner lady.My brother and KEVIN have been close best friends ,for over seventy years.HAPPY DAYS.eightlegger.

He's obviously been thinking because he's just rung me back with Jimmy Souter, the Burdetts and the football team being run by Kevin O'Farrell.

Hi there,ex st.pats.My brother and i went to st,pats from41/42 until 1950.We lived on HARTLEY BROOK RD,close to BARNSLEY RD.FRANK ROACH was in my brothers class.Staff there were SISTER'S BERNADETTE(made head not long after we started there) i believe previous head was SISTER MERCY?. Other staff i recall were SISTERS JOSEPHINE,JOHN AND FRANCIS.MISS DONAVON.CAIRNS,MRS SMITH,MR WALSH, KENNEDY,MR (EGO)THOMSON-AN ARROGANT BULLY.(he had a few run-ins with one or two kids parents),we almost saw a fist fight one afternoon,when a student who was roughly handled by him,went home and came back, with his older brother,who told MR THOMSON, what he would do to him if it happend again.I won't mention names,but he kept his hands off the students after that.I heard much later that there had been some divine intervention(FATHER GALLON).Years later whilst searching for long lost pals,i managed to trace one after 50 years,and when introduced to his wife,found out she was FRANK ROACH'S sister SHIELA.Other kids at that time were; GERRARD'S-BERNARD,KATHLEEN,TERRY,THOMAS. PARKINS-VINCENT,CARL. the O-FARRELS -KATHLEEN,KEVIN, their parents later worked for the school,he was the caretaker and his wife was the head dinner lady.My brother and KEVIN have been close best friends ,for over seventy years.HAPPY DAYS.eightlegger.

I remember Mr Walsh, he use to go behind the blackboard (the kind that flipped over) have a good scratch at his you know what :hihi: he thought no one could see him, I was captain of the girls net-ball team in the 50s at St Pats, did Frank have a brother Tony Roach ? he was the class clown.

He's obviously been thinking because he's just rung me back with Jimmy Souter, the Burdetts and the football team being run by Kevin O'Farrell.

HI kazpa ,i was wondering if you recieved a quote from me on the thread,as something screwy is happening at this end eightlegger

Hi,kazpa.nice to here from you .JIM is my brother. I am having trouble getting on the thread, so i'll keep this short, but will get back to you later .eightlegger.

I remember Mr Walsh, he use to go behind the blackboard (the kind that flipped over) have a good scratch at his you know what :hihi: he thought no one could see him, I was captain of the girls net-ball team in the 50s at St Pats, did Frank have a brother Tony Roach ? he was the class clown.

Frank Roche had numerous brothers including Tony, others were Joe, Jim, John and Paddy. Sheila was the only sister. Family lived on Fairthorn Road at Firth Park.

Unfortunately only Paddy and Sheila are still around.

Frank Roche had numerous brothers including Tony, others were Joe, Jim, John and Paddy. Sheila was the only sister. Family lived on Fairthorn Road at Firth Park.

Well Tony would have been in my class, he was a tall gawkey nice looking boy, always making us laugh.:)

Hi there,

Ive put this up because quite a few friends of mine went there, although i didn't.

And maybe some who went to st pats didnt go to st petes, and visa versa.

People who i remember are Jacqueline and Gillian Spencer, Ann caveney, Marie Murphy,

Mick Brennan,two sisters named Gloria and Margaret from Wincobank,The Faircloughs,

And a very dear neighbour of mine from the 90s whose second name escapes me at the moment, her name was margaret and she had a sister sheila.

Did anyone else go to these schools .

DINT GO there but knocked around with pete jarvis and steve fairclough still see mick and margret macassey family friends:hihi:

Who are you then Cream Bun? (These were/are all my uncles, except Sheila) 16 Fairthorn Road they lived at.