St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

tara

saw billy bidwell in sheffield market about 2 years ago almost certain it was himhe and john sanderson came from st marys school high green billy lived at high green and john lived at tankesly

i was told john went to south africa to work and died there quite young

saw billy bidwell in sheffield market about 2 years ago almost certain it was himhe and john sanderson came from st marys school high green billy lived at high green and john lived at tankesly

i was told john went to south africa to work and died there quite young

Rabbiter, many thanks for that. I dont think I would recognise Billy if I saw him today but if you ever see him again give him my kind regards.Very very sad about John Sanderson--- :|:|

• 2 weeks later...
quite a few of my mates went to st.petes,martin,paul and gerrard quinn,alec hall,alan mcpherson,shaun shanahan and robert cutts,i remember the quinns pretending to go to mass on sundays,and making sure they walked on elm lane at a certain time,just as their dad was walking the opposite way,to the lane top club.

Do you still see any of them?

Yeah that`s how I remember. Mr Hornshaw did have a land rover and for some reason named it Felicity. Did he leave the school in the late 70s?

yeah, I heard he got sacked for some misconduct thingy. I remember a big after school fight with Colley and old hornshaw picked up a half brick to go into battle. I distinctly heard mr. allen ,the head say "Hornshaw, leave it, go back into school" and we laughed.

Another thing about hornshaw was that his form always had the day out to alton towers for getting the most houspoints. My mates in his form reckoned he gave away housepoints in registration for knowing your name, so inevitably, they won.

I also remember him showing off trying to slipstream the bus on his bike and crashed and the time he tried to scale the woodwork building with ropes. A real eccentric.

BTW the metalwork teacher was mr baker, who invariably had motorbikes allover the workshop, so the kids couldnt actually do anything.

yeah, I heard he got sacked for some misconduct thingy. I remember a big after school fight with Colley and old hornshaw picked up a half brick to go into battle. I distinctly heard mr. allen ,the head say "Hornshaw, leave it, go back into school" and we laughed.

Another thing about hornshaw was that his form always had the day out to alton towers for getting the most houspoints. My mates in his form reckoned he gave away housepoints in registration for knowing your name, so inevitably, they won.

I also remember him showing off trying to slipstream the bus on his bike and crashed and the time he tried to scale the woodwork building with ropes. A real eccentric.

BTW the metalwork teacher was mr baker, who invariably had motorbikes allover the workshop, so the kids couldnt actually do anything.

Yeah that right about the house points he was doing that when I was there until we got a student french teacher in more form(green) we won that year and went to the Great Yorkshire Show.

Edited by Dave Br

I was at st pat st peters notre dame some times, married a boy from colley rd school disaster, as sister john said I was a bad bold girl,,I remember micky flanagen , micheal fitgerald brigit hines angela hanify, tommy shanahan elisabeth mc carthy all in my year, mme and micky used to have a right laugh,hope all are well, St john used to have tea in a sippy cup and we had to have our hand washed in the prefab before dinner, mixed memories spent a lot of time in the corridor

I went to St Pats and St Peters. Some of my mates that I remember were Bogden Wattawer, Sean Doughty, Paul Gallagen, Quinnys, Declan Fogerty, Paul Baranowsk, Sean Meehan, Ashley and Gavin Housley. I remember the chip butty fight in Ecclesfield. I remember Paul Baranoski chasing Colley single handed. :)

I had a crsh on gavin housley blond and a barathea , I must have been in your year

I went to St Pats and St Peters. Some of my mates that I remember were Bogden Wattawer, Sean Doughty, Paul Gallagen, Quinnys, Declan Fogerty, Paul Baranowsk, Sean Meehan, Ashley and Gavin Housley. I remember the chip butty fight in Ecclesfield. I remember Paul Baranoski chasing Colley single handed. :)

I had a crush on gavin housley blond and a barathea , I must have been in your yearbut left for notre dame