Anyone know of Grill on the Hill in sheffield ?

OurCowMolly

Any feedback?

Is there fish on the menu (apart from salmon)?

I don't think my feedback would be unbiased Pippadoll :bigsmile:

But I can tell you there are salmon skewers and prawn skewers on the menu. There is also a salt and pepper squid starter and tiger prawns starter.

If you want a menu PM me your email address and I'll send you one (website is still under construction but will be http://www.grillonthehill.co.uk and will feature the full menu. http://www.spinrocs.com will take you through to the same website)

Hope this helps.

You know, i'd love to visit, but there isn't anything on the menu for a non meat eater. My husband is gutted as he said it smells great. I can not bring myself to pay to eat salmon in a restaurant, veggie beanburger doesn't cut it and a mushroom stuffed with haloumi....of all the cheeses in the world. Are there any fish/veggie specials; it seems a shame that there is another local restaurant I can't use. It looks like Thyme, Canteen and the Wig and Pen will have to take my money from me.

I second that opinion pippadoll. Used to love going to Spinrocs and would invite all our mates there whenever they visited, but since it's been split up the veggie options have declined, and who wants 'snack' tapas; that kind of takes away from the idea of going out for a meal like people used to at Spinrocs? We don't exactly excel at that sort of thing in the UK. Sure, Spain has tapas as a snack type selection of dishes, but they give them out free with drinks at bars to keep you going. They don't charge you for the pleasure, and make you feel like you're not really eating out at the same time because the 'real' restaurant is next door!

IMO, the Grill on the Hill looks tacky, it's got a tacky name, tacky sign, it has served to denigrate the excellent quality food of Spinrocs, and I actually hope people boycott it until it wises up a bit. It was so embarrassing having to be told, last time I went there with 4 friends, that they no longer do Spinrocs old menu and having to look at both menus in both sides of the restaurant only to find they have a tiny vegetarian selection before deciding to leave and order a takeout instead.

I have been to Grill on the Hill (Crookes) tonight and it was SUPERB!

I was lucky in my timing-arrived about 7.45 but got a table straightaway (hadnt booked, only decided to go few hours before)...and pretty soon after 8 it was packed!

The staff were friendly and relatively good service (bit slow but then they were busy!).

The food was delicious, and what made me enjoy it even more was knowing it was locally produced and cooked fresh. They had run out of BBQ ribs which was a shame as i fancied them, but I LOVED the baby squid starter and my burger was pretty good too!

My fellow diners said their meals were cooked to perfection also.

I will agree that for veggies the choice would not be fantastic - how about suggesting something to them? Considering its predominently a 'grill' place, perhaps something hearty veg wise that could be grilled with adaptable flavours? (I did think aubergine? Im not veggie though!)

Anyway, I enjoyed it and would totally recommend it!

:D THUMBS UP

Pippadoll - we do currently have 4 veggy options:

* Haloumi skewers

* Spicy vegetable bean burger

* Flat mushroom & Haloumi Burger

* Mediterranean Salad

Plus salmon skewers and prawn skewers. Skewers and burgers fit well with our main menu - that's why they are there. However, we always listen to constructive customer feedback - it is a new and evolving menu (we've made some tweaks as a result of feedback already). What would you like to see on there? Feel free to PM me - I'm very happy to propose changes at our weekly management meetings. Alternatively come in for a glass of vino and a chat?

Alas_Alas - I wasn't sure whether to dignify this pretty vicious post with an answer. I find it very hard to believe that your attack stems simply from not liking how we've changed the menu! In fact I can't help but think that perhaps you have another agenda - why else would you try and encourage people to 'boycott' our livelihood? It doesn't appear to stem from a bad service experience or poor food quality - just a personal attack. It is only your opinion about the sign and the name - we have had excellent feedback from other customers and all the management/staff love the new identify. Anyway, we can't please everyone, all the time - no matter how hard we try. Nor can a business stagnate and stay exactly unchanged in tough economic conditions - concepts need re-invigorated and refreshed. I won't enter into a slagging match on this one - you obviously have your opinion and it sounds very doubtful that we can do much to change it which is a shame.

Shoegal - I was merely expressing my opinion on the demise of what was already an excellent restaurant and agreeing with the previous poster's opinion about the lack of vegetarian options, which used to abound at Spinrocs.

The only agenda I've got is in pointing out the fact that the change of direction does not suit me for one, but also confuses customers because of the two sides of the restaurant. I'm sorry if that seems confusing to me, the fact that you have one half of the restaurant as a, let's say, half-hearted restaurant, and the other a 'grill' restaurant. I was disappointed last time I went to be told that the menu had gone, replaced by a small selection of tapas, and really, if that's what we came for that's what we were disappointed by.

Woe betide me, the customer, for having an opinion! But certainly you lost at least four customers because of the change in direction. Sorry

Shoegal - I was merely expressing my opinion on the demise of what was already an excellent restaurant and agreeing with the previous poster's opinion about the lack of vegetarian options, which used to abound at Spinrocs.

The only agenda I've got is in pointing out the fact that the change of direction does not suit me for one, but also confuses customers because of the two sides of the restaurant. I'm sorry if that seems confusing to me, the fact that you have one half of the restaurant as a, let's say, half-hearted restaurant, and the other a 'grill' restaurant. I was disappointed last time I went to be told that the menu had gone, replaced by a small selection of tapas, and really, if that's what we came for that's what we were disappointed by.

Woe betide me, the customer, for having an opinion! But certainly you lost at least four customers because of the change in direction. Sorry

We always welcome feedback Alas_Alas. However its really only constructive to voice opinions if you have actually experienced what you are criticizing. I thought from your earlier post that you had left and ordered takeaway instead of eating at either of our restaurants (at least since the change over)?

I can assure you that neither of our restaurants are "half hearted"!! And given that you haven't tried them you can't really blame me for considering a little bit unfair that you are being so derogatory.

We are always sorry to lose customers Alas_Alas - but as I said before - you can't please everyone, some people just don't like change. So I'll say farewell and not enter into a slagging match.

Archived