Disability living allowance

Why is it that some people get the above and others do not? A man with no legs doesn't, a man who can walk does, where is the fairness in that? Someone who has £100.000 invested and lives in a £100.000 bungalow gets it, but someone who has no savings does not.

There are lots of people who are drawing the allowance fraudulently and never get found out, yet another person who is genuine gets theirs stopped, just because a hostile G.P. puts on a form, and I quote:"GOOD MOBILITY": it is about time this shambles was stopped and this government sorted out the genuine from the scroungers.

Too much taxpayers money is being squandered ,because no one cares enough to make the system fair for all who are in need of help. All right there is an appeal system, but that can take up to eleven weeks at least to get a decision and even then there is no guarantee that the original decision will be any different as these little Hitlers who are called " civil servants" are a law unto themselves.

Sort them out I say, take the absolute power off them, bring them down a peg or two and treat everyone in need with the same compassion.

:twisted::evil:

Your right Hal that a lot of these benefits are paid out to the wrong people but the decision does'nt end with your GPs view.

What they do is decide if your Doctors notes sound like you need it or not in your case and make a decision.

Now if they say your not entitled to it on your GPs notes then you can have your application re-viewed.

If they think you may be entitled then they send out an independant doctor out and his notes will be sent to them and that is when a decision is made, and also they decide what level you go on, low, medium or high.

Now its very hard to get that allowance and the waiting time is usually longer than 12 weeks but you do get it back dated to the day you made the application.

I,m a Civil Servant and i agree that any decisions about who should get it and who should'nt should be made by the independant Doctor and not them.

If you have been refused, then re apply.

A very high percentage of claims for Incapacity Benefit, DLA, SDA and AA get turned down nowadays. It works on a points system and they simply do not get awarded enough points. What many people do not know is that they have right to appeal. Ask for a GL24 at your local DSS office. The system is a shambles. Has anyone tried phoning the helplines? Or making a claim to any working age benefits under the new Jobcentre Plus regime, whereby a contact centre has to be telephoned? Absolutely apallingly awful customer service!

• 7 years later...

Archived