How do I get from the coach station to Sheffield Arena and back?

xlehx

meadowhall interchange is compact and easy to find your way round - much easier than traipsing round Sheffield to change over

ring the venue for an estimate of finishing time

I'd find a good club to go to after and get the later coach or book into etap hotel nearby so as not to be clock watching and spoiling your enjoyment of the show

If the coach stops at Meadowhall I would get the tram too as mentioned before. Can't go wrong, they all pass the Arena from there.

If the choice of coaches home is 2215 and 0420, then from my recollection of when things finish at the arena, you are going to be struggling for the first one. It's chaos outside the Arena when something finishes there, and I can't remember many things finishing early enough for you to get on the last coach.

As Strix says with regards to time, if you're out for the evening, and haven't got to up in the morning, you might as well go into town and club it too :).

If you jump on a tram outside the arena or find a cab, ask or get either to West Street or Division Street and ask from there. Plenty of choice, and they're both safe areas. :) Cabs to the Meadowhall coach station will be no problem in the early hours. Probably about £8.

Cabs to the Meadowhall coach station will be no problem in the early hours. Probably about £8.
... though if you've been clubbing in town, and your ticket is from Sheffield just ask for directions to pond street bus station, or walk downhill - you can't miss it - it's opposite the train station :thumbsup:

the cab ride may turn into a magical mystery tour :suspect:

... though if you've been clubbing in town, and your ticket is from Sheffield just ask for directions to pond street bus station, or walk downhill - you can't miss it - it's opposite the train station :thumbsup:

the cab ride may turn into a magical mystery tour :suspect:

Ah, I must have mis-read a post, I thought the coach was from Meadowhall as well.

If it's from town, then I would say go to the Leadmill! 2 minute walk if that.

great suggestion :D

I read it as the ticket was to sheffield, but I suspected from past experience that the coach would stop at meadowhall before arriving in sheffield, so xlehx would be covering the same ground twice - hence my suggestion to get off early

if clubbing in town, the ticket is valid from sheffield anyway - so job's a good 'un :thumbsup:

If I read the posts wrong - it's the £8 taxi ride back to meadowhell - unless there's a train at that time, which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility given the airport services running from here

your coach doesn't stop at meadowhall before it gets to sheff does it? you could get off there and catch the tram in the opposite direction instead - would be quicker too as only one stop (I think)

It's actually more than one stop; it will be the Don Valley Stop, which is also for the Don Valley Stadium and Ice Sheffield, a few minutes walk from the Arena.

Tram is definitely the best way, though, the walk from Meadowhall bus station to the tram is very much shorter than that from Sheffield bus station to Sheffield Central Tram Stop.

Archived