What's the nicest thing anyone has done for you?

Has anyone done something exceptionally nice for you?

I remember moving into my new flat which was in rather poor condition. The loo was disgusting but my sister set to without a word and got it sparkling clean. I know she's my sister but that was a pretty marvellous thing to do (you had to see that loo to understand)

I think im quite lucky really. I am always overwhelmed with what my friends and family do for me. They spoil my kids rotten. Even when I got with my partner his son was straight away treated like one of mine even by my mums friends and her neighbours. It really does make you feel chuffed to bits. Its always the littlest things that make the difference.

• 3 years later...

My parents and children do nice things for me, always have, I do nice things for them, it goes without saying, that's the way we are. The last 5 years have been pretty low for me, the last 2 rock bottom, truly the only way was up. Having decided to make an effort and get some jobs done in the house, one kind person on the Forum has gone over and above the act of kindness, gone out of his way to be helpful, few people will. It has restored some faith in the human race for me and my daughters, there are good people out there. Thank you you know who you are :)

We have a neighbour who is a bit of a handy man.My daughter is very poorly and he redecorated her bedroom,put new flooring down for her to.He then re tiled our bathroom,decorated and put down new flooring in our kitchen and done our dining room to.Of course we paid for the stuff,be he won't take a penny for his time.Coz he's retired he says it gives him something to do.We buy him little thankyou gifts instead.Lovely old man,we'd be lost without him.

Archived