Our Generation A Book Of Music In This Region 1976-1986

eastbank

Do you remember 1976 in South Yorkshire, the pre-Punk days through until the New Romantics some 10 years later,well a book is going to print that tells the complete story,should be out this summer...

Many people have contributed and the finished article looks good...

I remember the record shop near castle market where i bought my first punk records,nights in the daizy and later the limit,bands at the poly and uni and then the rank........happy days..

the book is called OUR GENERATION by Tony Beesley a lad from Rawmarsh,its being published by JUMA BOOKS,seen a rough draft and he's put it together quite nicely,loads of pictures and quotes from your average joe bloggs through to the people who played in the bands like Poly Styrene of X Ray Spex and Jo Callis plus many more..

All the venues around South Yorkshire are mentioned and looking at some of the ticket prices we seemed to have enjoyed some classic bands like the stranglers,clash,pistols,damned,sham,specials,madness etc and all on the cheap,i mean 75p to see the ramones and talking heads at the donny outlook..happy days..hope to have it available in the next couple of months...

• 3 months later...
the book is called OUR GENERATION by Tony Beesley a lad from Rawmarsh,its being published by JUMA BOOKS,seen a rough draft and he's put it together quite nicely,loads of pictures and quotes from your average joe bloggs through to the people who played in the bands like Poly Styrene of X Ray Spex and Jo Callis plus many more..

All the venues around South Yorkshire are mentioned and looking at some of the ticket prices we seemed to have enjoyed some classic bands like the stranglers,clash,pistols,damned,sham,specials,madness etc and all on the cheap,i mean 75p to see the ramones and talking heads at the donny outlook..happy days..hope to have it available in the next couple of months...

its not on Juma books now but through a printing company called Fastprint

Our Generation the Punk and Mod children of Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster book (which includes a complete chapter and more on the Limit club) is now available to buy from the following outlets...Phillip Howard books Wickersley Rotherham...Jacks records Division Street Sheffield....HMV Sheffield Fargate (from Tuesday) and online 'Bored Teenagers' Punk site and from myself at rotherpunk@aol.com there are some extracts from the book on the Punk77 and Bored Teenagers sites.

Yep, I remember it well, the daisy and the Limit.What's the title of the book and do you know the publisher or where I'll get it from when it's out?

I live in Scotland now, so I'll have to buy online or summat.

Our Generation the Punk and Mod children of Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster book (which includes a complete chapter and more on the Limit club) is now available to buy from the following outlets...Phillip Howard books Wickersley Rotherham...Jacks records Division Street Sheffield....HMV Sheffield Fargate (from Tuesday) and online 'Bored Teenagers' Punk site and from myself at rotherpunk@aol.com there are some extracts from the book on the Punk77 and Bored Teenagers sites.

• 1 month later...

Our Generation has recieved 100% POSITIVE feedback so far with some great press coverage (Sheff star, Telegraph, South Yorkshire Times, Rotherham Advertiser etc)...a review in Record Collector magazine coming up next month too...

Everyone who has read it from Jo Callis (REzillos), Martin Lilleker (Beats workin' for a living) Punk fans, Mods and all those who contributed and many more all of them have enjoyed it and some are on their 2nd read....

Sex Pistols site 'god save the Sex Pistols' say its their book of the year!

The book is available from HMV (Sheffield and Meadowhall), Jacks records (Sheffield), Philip Howard books (Wickersley) WH Smiths stores and direct from me (the author) at rotherpunk@aol.com

Archived