Sheffield free newspaper

John

What do you think of Sheffield Free newspaper  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Sheffield Free newspaper

• Rubbish - containing nothing more than old news with junk mail inside
    • Papers OK - its those junk mail that falls out that bothered me
    • Just perfect
    • I'd wish they give it me everyday - those so called junk mail contains must have bargins
    • What free newspaper?

see if they have a website and email them?

Why? :huh: I don't expect it's improved, if it never gets delivered then it saves a bit of space in my blue box & saves me the trip from the letter box to the recycle bin. I expect my paper boy is just being efficient, taking all the waste paper straight to the recycling bin & pocketing the cash, job well done.

Most of that goes right in the bin for us. As well as free local magazines and the green paper with the sports results.

Bin, bin, bin.

If I wanted the paper, I'd subscribe to one. We used to have a sign on the door saying no free papers or whatever, they seem to come through ten fold after that.

We used to get Gazette but they stopped to deliver it about year ago. We have Leader but two weeks ago they changed it and now it's more about adverts than any news. It should be freebie for communities but I can hardly find something interesting in it. Lately I needed to find church services through Easter but also this info disappeared.

The Eckington Leader used to be a good free paper but it is now just a joke! It even resembles the Sheffield Star masthead, with numerous house ad references to the Star, poor content .... consisting of about 16 pages ... don't know why Johnson Press bother?

• 1 month later...

Look local is a great little free paper. I read every word on the obituary page every week. It provides a moment to reflect upon the special people who I love and care for. The letters page is usually ok sometimes hilarious. Great gardening section. There is only a handful of news items but that's fine. Can't knock it :)

Archived