Is this parking ticket fair and legal?

Its a pity these jobsworth parking wardens dont do anything about taxis parked on double yellow lines on rudyard rd, why? if middlewood rd is a clearway then surely they are beaking the law parking where they do right on the junction.

The problem being the driver is actually in the car? If he sees a yellow peril approaching hell just drive off.

If the council were concerned about dangerous parking close to the clearway, they ought to have backed up the signs with double-yellows. The current signage catches people out week after week, especially on match days.

We live just off Middlewood Road. Every time there's a match on, at least a couple of cars get ticketed at the bottom of our road. The signs are actually quite a way up the road, you can easily park two cars each side of the road between the signs and the junctions. Locals know not to park there, but I'm sure the people who get tickets are caught out because they are unfamiliar with the use of signage. Not defending daft parking, mind - some do push it, parking too near the junctions. Double yellows would leave people no room for confusion.

I got a Ticket on Bedford St for the same thing .They said it was because I was parked on a clearway.

It was very clear just me and a Traffic warden for miles around at Saturday lunchtime.

Why do they not put double yellows ???????

Because they don't need to. The clearway signs are big enough and easy enough to spot. Its also just common sense not to park that close to a junction with a major road.

It's probably made more confusing by the way that you are allowed to park on Middlewood Road itself (albeit in parking bays), so people possibly wouldn't realise that the sign indicated an extension of the clearway? Whichever way you look at it, the signs clearly aren't doing their job. I don't think it's a case of people simply ignoring them, more that they don't realise what they mean.

Because they don't need to. The clearway signs are big enough and easy enough to spot. Its also just common sense not to park that close to a junction with a major road.

The signs are not clear on Bedford St go and look.

I was also well away from the junction.

Edited by dafodil