Is this parking ticket fair and legal?

And the authorities of course never get confused into installing illegal bus gates and issuing untennable fines / rebates/ initial costs/ remedial costs.

Sometimes people (planners included) just dont look at signs it would seem and thats the plain truth. Its called being human

The significant difference between motorists and authority figures is not in inteligence or observations - just that the motorist is obliged to use his own money for his confusion and he of course takes lectures from the Ivory tower and seldom gets to give them.

Edited by Hemibr

And the authorities of course never get confused into installing illegal bus gates and issuing untennable fines / rebates/ initial costs/ remedial costs.

Sometimes people (planners included) just dont look at signs it would seem and thats the plain truth. Its called being human

The significant difference between motorists and authority figures is not in inteligence or observations - just that the motorist is obliged to use his own money for his confusion and he of course takes lectures from the Ivory tower and seldom gets to give them.

Just about the best reply ever.

As you say the Town planners are O.K. at dishing out their own itinerary but not very good when it goes wrong.

Any way whats wrong with just putting double yellows even we thick motorists can see them and its then our fault if we are daft enough to park.

I have been going through Page Hall junction of Barnsley Rd/Herries Rd every evening for the past week (visiting somebody in hospital).

I'm just wondering, is this area a no-go zone for traffic wardens and police, or is the area in some kind of bubble where normal laws don't apply? People around there just seem to park anywhere causing lots of obstructions on main roads.

The same reason they dont say anything to taxi drivers they are scared of them playing the race card

Just about the best reply ever.

Any way whats wrong with just putting double yellows even we thick motorists can see them and its then our fault if we are daft enough to park.

I second that.

A friend of mine got a ticket in exactly this way - arriving home late from work on a match night, in the dark, roadsides jam packed, pushed four streets away from her house by match day traffic after an exasperating 20 minutes driving around looking for a space. She missed the clearway sign and was fooled by a space between - as she realised later - illegally parked cars. She checked for double yellows which of course she didn't find. She went to retrieve her car a couple of hours later and found a ticket (hers was one of a row of four or five). Appeal failed.

I think those quoting the letter of the law need to dig deep and find a little empathy, at least for a local resident just trying to get home.

I don't think some double yellow lines are too much to ask for. A cynic might suggest that the council are on to a nice little earner.

I second that.

A friend of mine got a ticket in exactly this way - arriving home late from work on a match night, in the dark, roadsides jam packed, pushed four streets away from her house by match day traffic after an exasperating 20 minutes driving around looking for a space. She missed the clearway sign and was fooled by a space between - as she realised later - illegally parked cars. She checked for double yellows which of course she didn't find. She went to retrieve her car a couple of hours later and found a ticket (hers was one of a row of four or five). Appeal failed.

I think those quoting the letter of the law need to dig deep and find a little empathy, at least for a local resident just trying to get home.

I don't think some double yellow lines are too much to ask for. A cynic might suggest that the council are on to a nice little earner.

It makes you wonder.

A\friend lives in Worksop and the council have been busy removing double yellows and replacing them with an obscure little sign at street ends.

All motorists are thinking the same Brilliant no yellows I can park here. Big mistake tickets are being issued and the ever helpful wardens are pointing to the obscure little signs newly erected.

But aren't you allowed to park on double yellows with a blue badge? Sort of defeats the object of a clearway.

And I've seen some atrocious parking by some blue badge holders where common sense goes out of the window and they don't think that their parking may be an obstruction.

But aren't you allowed to park on double yellows with a blue badge? Sort of defeats the object of a clearway.

Only if there are no loading/unloading restrictions. They could've continued those double yellows and restricted loading to make it even clearer. But then, if something is a clearway then "No Parking" is already implied.

That doesn't really matter.

There are signs to show that you are joining a clearway at all points of entry, and even the occasional reminder along Infirmary Road.

You should assume that you are still on a clearway until you see a sign marking "End".

You're right, can't disagree with the technicality. However, I don't think that those are the signs that the people getting caught out on Bedford Street are looking out for. They've looked at the bits with double yellows, thought "I'll not park there" and thought they were in the clear. Don't see what harm it could do to leave people in do doubt and put double yellows there. In terms of stopping people parking, the current signage isn't very successful (Streetmap is a good bit of evidence for that!). In terms of catching people out who are unfamiliar with the area, it's a corker!

I have been going through Page Hall junction of Barnsley Rd/Herries Rd every evening for the past week (visiting somebody in hospital).

I'm just wondering, is this area a no-go zone for traffic wardens and police, or is the area in some kind of bubble where normal laws don't apply? People around there just seem to park anywhere causing lots of obstructions on main roads.

It's nothing of the kind. The problem the Council have is that as soon as a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) shows up on site and starts to write a ticket, the owners of all the other vehicles come running out and drive off.

The solution to this is the camera enforcement vehicle which the Council will be bringing into operation shortly. Anyone parked there when it passes will get a souvenir of their visit in the post in a day or two.